free website stats program why have my brake lights and turn signals stopped working on my 2011 Sportster but my head light sti | Harley Davidson Forums

why have my brake lights and turn signals stopped working on my 2011 Sportster but my head light sti

metalika

Hi
Does anyone out there know why my brake lights rear running lights and turn signals have stopped working on my 2011 Sportster 48 but my head light still works?
This has happened all of a sudden since I last rode her last week I have checked the fuses and they are ok any idea where do I go next?

Cheers

Not too familiar with Sportsters anymore but you have front AND rear turn signals, right? Is it just the rears that are not working? Have you carefully traced the wires to the components that aren't working to look for pinches and/or broken wires? Have you done anything at all to the bike since you rode it last and everything was working? Maintenance, mods, wash?

Hi No I haven't done a thing since my last ride. With 48`s the front turn signals have just a bulb but the rear are LEDs that incorporates the turn brake and running light in the same unit. I haven't had a chance to check the wiring yet i thought I would see if anyone else has had the same problem.
Cheers

Sometimes the wiring pops out of the loom under the rear fender. Then the wiring gets chafed/shredded.
No rear lights.
The headlight and the other lights are on separate fuses.
That's why HL still works.

Sometimes the wiring pops out of the loom under the rear fender. Then the wiring gets chafed/shredded.
No rear lights.
The headlight and the other lights are on separate fuses.
That's why HL still works.

Exactly ... I just bought a very low mileage 09 1200C that I found chafed/shredded wires between the fender & tail light on.
Might not be your problem but a good place to start looking.

Back