free website stats program Why do -----? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do -----?

I grew up around bikers and clubs, late 60s-70s, tho I'm losing it on top I still got a ponytail and bout 7 tats on the arms, dont want any more.

Its just a reflection of the past and what your used to. Military was about the only time it was short. Another reason I need it long is that if its medium length, I look like a mushroom....:newsmile108:

Ive been getting tattooed since high school. My good friend has a shop so it made it hard to stop. Dont have any harley or biker type tattoos though. Im sleeved off now and my legs are done to the tops of my knee caps so ive slowed down. As far as the hair I guess Im to lazy to get a hair cut.

Been a biker for as long as I could ride without stabilizers.Pony tail,tatoos were sorta compulsory then.Got a reichsadler across my shoulders(sure raises some eyebrows at the pool!) (souvineer from my time in Germany with a club),and one on my arm meaning loyalty and brotherhood.(same club)Would love to get a phoenix done,and also a matching one on my bike,then I'll die happy..

Been a biker for as long as I could ride without stabilizers.Pony tail,tatoos were sorta compulsory then.Got a reichsadler across my shoulders(sure raises some eyebrows at the pool!) (souvineer from my time in Germany with a club),and one on my arm meaning loyalty and brotherhood.(same club)Would love to get a phoenix done,and also a matching one on my bike,then I'll die happy..

Can I get one guess at which club?????:D

Just to follow what others have said...

Not everything that has been attributed to the biker community is exclusive to the biker community; and not everything attributed to the biker community is embraced by the entire biker community.

That is a long winded way of making the point that while I do sport a single tattoo, and have considered getting others, I chose to get the tattoo before I began to ride, and I added the tattoo to my body because of what it meant and said about me and not because it was "the in thing to do."

Just to follow what others have said...

Not everything that has been attributed to the biker community is exclusive to the biker community; and not everything attributed to the biker community is embraced by the entire biker community.

That is a long winded way of making the point that while I do sport a single tattoo, and have considered getting others, I chose to get the tattoo before I began to ride, and I added the tattoo to my body because of what it meant and said about me and not because it was "the in thing to do."

That was well thought out and on the money....+1.

I have 2 tat's and had longer hair years ago. I like tatoo's, to me they are a form of art. I have some friends that are covered with them and as long as they have a meaning behind them you will always like them.

I have 2 tat's and had longer hair years ago. I like tatoo's, to me they are a form of art. I have some friends that are covered with them and as long as they have a meaning behind them you will always like them.

Well said. I guess thats why I've never regretted getting mine.

I am an Army guy....no long hair for me and no tattoos either but I think the guys that have the hair and the tats do so because they can! It is a statement of freedom I would think! Whatever makes you happy man!

Back