free website stats program Why do you ride? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you ride?

I ride because I enjoy the solitude and ability to go where I want when I want. Of coiurse, I get the same feelings driving my car and sailing my boat.

"Cause...while I was younger, I heard the usual thing from Dad...You'll get hurt! Those things are dangerous...so on and so on. Well, I started when I was 48. Sure I am still learning with every ride, I took the MSF course and I always wanted to ride.

Bottom line is " I Can".

Originally started as an extension of my love for two wheeled (bicycles) sports, then motorcycles as a teenager...and never left my thoughts as casual weekend ride, of course cars were always foremost mode of transportation (a must). Gas crisis in the early 70's rekindled interest in motorcycles, that continues to this day.

The HD returned my interest into riding much more often, as it is so easy to ride at a relaxed or higher pace without stress. Metrics by design are a bit high strung with sharp "on/off power band" that requiries aggressive rider input, stirring the throttle/gearshift/braking demanding so much attention. Nowadays HD is more relaxing, joy every time a walk into the garage just to wake 'er up great therapy for the body and soul.

We enjoy it, our kids worry about us now, neighbours say look at that old fool when I rock the neighbourhood at midnight, not to mention its something we wanted to do for years but had to be responsible raising kids.:D:kissyou

Simply for the fun of it. It is refreshing and relaxing crusing on the back roads. I have never been much of a mechanic but I enjoy working on the bike myself. I even enjoy spending an entire rainy day in the garage cleaning and polishing it.

I think there is no set answer.. it is just the freedom to think do and see whatever you want.. I am lucky enough that my riding partner is my wife ( she has a Lowrider) and we just enjoy seeing as much of this country as we can...

Riding is a personal thing for everyone.. some want to be alone, some want company, some just like to be able to say ... screw it.. lets ride somewhere

Back