free website stats program Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world!

As everyone before has said thier own reasons , you can see it in the print it just an H.D. THING! no matter how you try to put it into words its whats inside you when you say those words that tells the real feeling, pride? maybe. nostalgia, perhaps. but let a person tell you about thier harley and look them in the eye there you will see thier fire! I have rode rice burnners for years ,I wish I had bought a harley alot earlier in life thanI did! that said, I break out my rdking every possible chance I can !

I have owned metrics the last 23 years of the 25 years riding. The last 2 years has been on my Electra Glide thats mostly stock. It is my most favorite bike of all times. People ask me why and I tell them I just can't explain it. Like alot of the other posts stated you just have to experience a Harley to believe it. The best is when myself and riding buddies stop and they ride metrics you always have someone come up to me and start talking Harley's. The look on their faces are priceless for they do not understand what it is about owning a Harley. :bigsmiley12:

I really can't explain it. Two years ago I fell in love with the Street Glide and it just hasn't been the same since. I have been riding for 28 years and the feeling that riding this machine indescribable. The timeless beauty of these machines just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. In short, it pleases me. Am I loco? I let a friend ride yesterday, and the feeling I got by seeing and hearing MY bike go down the street was awesome. TRULY AWESOME.:D:D:D

Not only is it made in the us of a but there isn't another bike made that sounds as good as a harley . Many have tried but no one can duplicate the great sound of a harley . I guess the real reason i bought mine is the looks and the sound .

I've ridden Harleys since I got my first Sportster in 1971. I always felt that they were a real example of the American spirit, until I read the New York Times today. On the Economics page, there is a story about how, after reporting a record $71 million profit last quarter, Harley is going to lay off 1600 workers...just to increase their profits. (EDIT) the people who work for them, (EDIT) the working class people who have been their supporters for over 100 years - all that matters is putting a few more bucks in the hands of their management and stockholders. After almost 40 years and 11 different models, my '04 Road King is the last Harley I'll ever buy.

Language or a work around are not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
My Father always rode Harleys so I was raised around them and got my first Harley when I was 12. I've owned several metrics over the years but I feel "at home" when I'm riding my Road King :)

Back