free website stats program Why do some riders dress up like Glenn Hughes from the Village People? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do some riders dress up like Glenn Hughes from the Village People?

Since I've been on this forum when I read BUBBIE's (and others ) posts, without realizing, I'm also "reading between the lines". From his above post, the only things I had wrong was his hair (I was thinking shoulder blade length) and "open carry" (I was thinkin' concealed). I wonder if one of our fathers did some traveling in the mid '40's. :small3d031:

Hahahahaha.. No Doubt.. Must of been Yours. My dad did his HD running in his younger days but was pretty well settled in the Vice Grips My mother put on him (sad to say) as I have two older brothers by 6/7 years. ...

Guns,
I would fool you as I do carry concealed and open,,, that is in BOTH...

Have a permit in Wa. and Az. for conceal

Now in Az. you don't need a permit to carry concealed but no Record is required... Now how do they check that.... VERY CAREFULLY...

signed....BUBBIE

... ... .. .. ... Guns,
I would fool you as I do carry concealed and open,,, that is in BOTH...

Have a permit in Wa. and Az. for conceal

Now in Az. you don't need a permit to carry concealed but no Record is required... Now how do they check that.... VERY CAREFULLY...
signed....BUBBIE

My hats off to you BUBBIE, I have often thought of getting my permit, could get it here in Florida without taking a course by just presenting my Army DD-214. But I ponder that if I did carry I might end up spending my retirement in prison, which my brother tells me is much worse than a nursing home.

Anyhow just been undecisive in getting it.

Ask Geezer,,,
He drove 1700 miles one way from Canada to Wa. to meet up with me and show his New Geared Clutch Reduction we worked on over the net and phone..

He will tell you what he Knows of the above is true,,

Or I would Hope He would.. He being the First person, FRIEND, from HDT, I spent time with and we enjoyed...

He ALSO is a little different... In a GOOD Way...

signed....BUBBIE

Like the lady in the campground I thought Bubbie always wore the same clothes. That's why I only stayed for 2 days, thought I should leave before he got too ripe. :D I think most guys wear pretty much the same thing day after day because it's comfortable. I always wear blue jeans and a t-shirt. Bubbie said he wasn't a tough guy but I'd bet he could look after himself. I didn't chance it with the 40 cal on his hip. I did notice when we went into a restaurant he would always take a table beside a table with people sitting there. He did that for 2 reasons, so he could visit and I'd have to pay the bill. :p The first time he did it I thought he didn't want to talk to me but he wants to talk to everybody. When we toured the Gerbing plant he was behind and the young man giving the tour said" We're going to have to wait for him to talk to everybody he runs into ,aren't we?" I just said Yep bit I wasn't in a hurry so I didn't care. Just part of his charm. He says he's a loner and I guess he is but I know he would give the shirt off his back to anybody who needed it. Much better looking than Willie Nelson but he used to be in a band. Bubbie's ALSO a little different but in a GREAT way.

Just wondering why so many Harley riders (and a few Metrics) feel it is important to don black leather, studs, pins, patches, doo-rags, etc. when they ride? Do you think they wear that stuff to the office M-F or only at HOG rallies and toy runs?

No studs, pins or patches for me. Don't want to put holes in my leather. As for black leather, well pink leather would've opened me up to major ridicule.:newsmile100:

If anyone wonderd what jack looked like when he was younger hmmm

Brian

I can see the resemblence.. Everyone is supposed to have a twin somewhere in the world.. Maybe that's Jacks.

Thanks for the post Bubbie.I now (almost) have a picture of you in my mind.

Myself I wear my street clothes when riding.Jeans tee shirt and running shoes.Tank top if its really warm.

I will say this though,never change because you think it is what others want!!!

This winter when my wife was in Mexico I decided to clean myself up for her return.I got my hair cut short,shaved off the winter beard and the moustache.Well when I went to pick her up she looks at me and says.''WHAT DID YOU DO,I LIKED YOUR LONG HAIR!!!!! '':small3d031::(

I made the mistake of shaving off my moustache once 7 yrs ago. My wife wouldn't look at me and couldn't sleep cuz she felt like she was sleeping with a stranger. My girls wouldn't look at me and thought I looked creepy. My middle daughter said I looked like a serial killer.:bigsmiley18: So I grew the mustache back. They had only seen a picture of me from when I was 19 without the moustache.
That was the first and only time I'd cut off my moustache in the past 32 yrs.

As for hair, thick, brown and curly. It's been various lengths but mostly just past shoulder length. When I cut it I try to have it long enough to donate for making wigs for cancer survivors. Figure if I'm going to get it cut, it should go to a good cause.:bigsmiley12:

I was working today and didn't get the chance to reply as quick as I wanted.

The question was Why? Y......... MCA!

Once again I learned extremely valuable technical knowledge on HDT! I had no idea what that guy's name was, now I do! Maybe one of the tech gurus could post the rest of the band's name just incase that guy isn't everyone's favorite.

This has given me some food for thought though. Maybe when my black leather Holister jacket wears out I will buy a Spice Girl outfit...

I think most guys wear pretty much the same thing day after day because it's comfortable. I always wear blue jeans and a t-shirt. .... .... .... .... ....

Oh no, my wife and daugther will not believe it. They say I am the only one that ALWAYS wears a white tee shirt and jeans. My wife has finally in the past few years made me start wearing a colored tee shirt when I leave the house.

... .... ... ... This has given me some food for thought though. Maybe when my black leather Holister jacket wears out I will buy a Spice Girl outfit...

Well when that time arrives don't forget what forum posters always say,

Words aint' nuthin without PICS!

---
Oh by they way Jim, I posted an update question to my old Memphis Shades windshield thread if you have time to go by there. I now return this thread to it's regularly threaded topic.
---

Who is Glenn Hughes??

Bill

Actually I go along the lines of Billbo...don't know who he is, and do not "dress" like anyone I know (in particular anyway). But I do dress for comfort and for safety. I often wore a long sleeve, button down perma-pressed shirt (even a tie if necessary), change of shoes with jacket neatly folded in the saddle bags. In cold weather, heavier leather, chaps and boots (the black smooth leather Wellington are keep clean and shiny always). And wet weather very good rain gear and over shoe Totes. :newsmile071:

Corporate casual actually eased things up a bit, especially here on the West coast, a 3 button Polo/Golf shirt with blue or black Khakis helped...rather than hurt the guys. But I did hear rumbiings from the gals at my work that it made dress code harder on them, so don't know how it affected those who rode to the office. :small3d002:

Last edited:
Like the lady in the campground I thought Bubbie always wore the same clothes. That's why I only stayed for 2 days, thought I should leave before he got too ripe. :D I think most guys wear pretty much the same thing day after day because it's comfortable. I always wear blue jeans and a t-shirt. Bubbie said he wasn't a tough guy but I'd bet he could look after himself. I didn't chance it with the 40 cal on his hip. I did notice when we went into a restaurant he would always take a table beside a table with people sitting there. He did that for 2 reasons, so he could visit and I'd have to pay the bill. :p The first time he did it I thought he didn't want to talk to me but he wants to talk to everybody. When we toured the Gerbing plant he was behind and the young man giving the tour said" We're going to have to wait for him to talk to everybody he runs into ,aren't we?" I just said Yep bit I wasn't in a hurry so I didn't care. Just part of his charm. He says he's a loner and I guess he is but I know he would give the shirt off his back to anybody who needed it. Much better looking than Willie Nelson but he used to be in a band. Bubbie's ALSO a little different but in a GREAT way.

Thanks Geeze,,,, The check is in the mail.....

signed....BUBBIE

Back