free website stats program Why do some riders dress up like Glenn Hughes from the Village People? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do some riders dress up like Glenn Hughes from the Village People?

as I get older, I just don't give a darn what people think, I have heated gear, and nylon overpants for rain and cold....my days of ponytails are gone but I think my head still hasn't survived all the knots I pulled out!

to each his own...

Fair question, loved EVERY one of the replies so I can't add much that hasn't been said. But (to me) a bike (and the culture thereof ) is a vehicle of escape. Actually it's much more than that, but just to stay on thread.

When my wife and I went to the Iron Horse Saloon at Bike Week, it was packed (standing room only) of every kind of personality, every kind of dress attire, every kind of vocational background. There were some outfits there that went way beyond leathers and leaned more to video game battle outfits. There were a couple of people carrying their pet snakes around their neck. But my wife and I felt totally comfortable, almost like sitting on my driveway drinking a beer.

I think mainly because we were all bikers and even though we had some differences of attire or whatever, we were all there for the same reasons. To live and let live and have a good time. To escape the working work (for a time) and just hang out. As long as no criminal activity ensues it's pretty much an open environment. I wasn't the only old guy scanning the place with my video camera either. We really enjoyed the place.

The village people??? I dont cair what one looks like , what thay do for work. I dont even cair If you ride a honda with shorts, pantys and a halter top with arm pit hair down to your shankels...Doesnt matter to me, You just cant go by looks or think just because someone dresses like as you say the village people. I better stop.......By

I personally like things plain simple and functional wife on the other hand likes fringes studs and all the rest of the clutter
It does not really matter to me as long as people are comfortable with what they wear

Brian

Always liked and worn Leather(black)an not because I got a fetish or anything,Since I was first on a bike(late 60's),the leather etc,were all part of the scene,never left the scene,so obviously,never changed my mode of attire.Scooter boys all wore siuts and ties,and parkas,Hippies thier beads and stuff,skinheads thier boots and savage haircuts!Just the way it is,you want to ride in a Tuxedo............whatever blows your fuses dude!

Black leather jacket for safety and warmth
Black leather gloves for same reason
Boots for same reason

I personally ride because I like to ride. My looking like a bad (EDIT) are over long ago. If I can be comfortable, relatively safe, and warm, I will wear it!

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Don't get me wrong, I'm Not a Tough Guy, I don't look for trouble and very seldom find any directed my way.

I wear what I want to wear.

Now days On and Off the bike i dawn all cotton clothes, my Old long sleeve snap-button shirts all with the sleeves cut off at the shoulder, then a newer carhart (if cold) shirt over that, worn as a light jacket, then My Old Leather vest with the Eagle-Flag duplicated on to the back of it,,, copied off my left shoulder.

Bleached by washing, carhart double front pants... when new Dark and old Yellow/tan...

Brown Boots of Leather(good quality) with a Heart sewn on the Left one. Just for riding..
Heart is a Nice touch and Needed for shifter-wear purposes on that boot.

I use 5 wraps to hold my waste length hair form tangle and a tie-on formed head scarf to make me comfortable when helmet is on or Off.

Seldom sun-glasses , Safety Clear 400 uv..

An occasional Ear Ring worn for the Left ear (wedding Ring Hole)

Pig skin Patched jacket (browns and dark 4" squares, sewn, but Pig) a "Free to Ride" patch on the back.. Jacket is Very well worn and a tear here and there...

Black Heavy leather sip jacket for COLD days and Chaps for the same IF really cold.. In Wa. ..... Az. Just the top layer, short cut-off shirt and seldom even the leather vest. But my helmet is preferred.

I wear a Bright shinny 40 cal. on my right hip and some times Mimic the cowboys over in Tombstone , when in Az.,,, wearing my cross-draw 45 long colt Ruger single action Buccaro.... Worn open and Proud.

This I'LL have to say Myself ,, (JMHO) :small3d002:

I am one of the best , nicest guys Most will ever meet... I talk to all and anyone.

I'll help everybody When Needed and NOT just when asked, Just My nature. Yet I'm a Loner at Heart.. Never have friends by my house but consider ever-body a friend Until Proven Different..

Usually ride by myself (wife on back) but have been known to chum along with Many.... Especially Toy Rides , Benefits as groups.

You will hear me strike up a civil conversation with the table next to me at many food establishments.. Young and old or kids.. No matter..

I love saying statements Like"" you know I pay for your Schooling don't you...??

Or "You really have good mannered children, It was a pleasure dinning next to them"...

OR "Have you watched the Dog Whisper?",,,, That one Fits Many a conversation.... Lots of Jabs using that one.... Hahahaha

I have YET to be chastised about How I Dress, Hair, and my appearance in general... ONE I can remember.

At a campground for a month, friendly with the neighbors ,,
one day Jokingly ask the neighbors wife (going to do their laundry) IF she would Mind doing Mine...

Her Reply "LAUNDRY,,,,,, You haven't worn any New clothes I could see since we've been here..."

No wondered Why she stay Wide and Clear of me.. Haha

Wearing the same-o same-o has made an IMAGE... as not stated from others...

Maybe it is the trinket on my hip....??

A witness I'll bring into this Spiel; and Know some about me.

Ask Geezer,,,
He drove 1700 miles one way from Canada to Wa. to meet up with me and show his New Geared Clutch Reduction we worked on over the net and phone..

He will tell you what he Knows of the above is true,,

Or I would Hope He would.. He being the First person, FRIEND, from HDT, I spent time with and we enjoyed...

He ALSO is a little different... In a GOOD Way...

signed....BUBBIE

Good read Bubbie, I was pretty much the same long hair and all till one day the Redhead said it was over, I sacrificed my long hair and black T shirts for dockers and dress shirts and started listening to her and spending Quality time with her, she let me keep the Stash as long as I keep it trimmed HA HA it grows fast and I will never leave home with out it, when i am out and about with her I am dressed up a bit other wise black 501 jeans and my black only T shirts:s

I wish I could say I wore a doo rag to contol my long mane but the truth is that was 30 years ago, now I wear one to keep my receeding hair lined head from getting burnt when we ride in states where I dont have to wear a brain bucket. works for me:D

Back