free website stats program Why do some riders dress up like Glenn Hughes from the Village People? | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do some riders dress up like Glenn Hughes from the Village People?

diggerwolf

Just wondering why so many Harley riders (and a few Metrics) feel it is important to don black leather, studs, pins, patches, doo-rags, etc. when they ride? Do you think they wear that stuff to the office M-F or only at HOG rallies and toy runs?

Just wondering why so many Harley riders (and a few Metrics) feel it is important to don black leather, studs, pins, patches, doo-rags, etc. when they ride? Do you think they wear that stuff to the office M-F or only at HOG rallies and toy runs?

Keep reading the threads, there are some guys here that wear nylons and claim that they keep them warm in the cold weather.

Why?...in my humble opinion, maybe because they can, and do,
dress as they please.
jd

For many, part of the fun and attraction to riding a motorcycle is the ability to assume an alter-ego and leave their stressful lives behind. If dressing a certain way helps them in that endeavor, then I say, "go for it." As long as they aren't passing judgement on the riders who DON'T dress that way.

For many, part of the fun and attraction to riding a motorcycle is the ability to assume an alter-ego and leave their stressful lives behind. If dressing a certain way helps them in that endeavor, then I say, "go for it." As long as they aren't passing judgement on the riders who DON'T dress that way.

Touché.

IMO it is all part of the Culture, this also got me in deep trouble with The Redhead, so much so she wanted a divorce. I slowly changed and now when we go out I dress more like a yuppie but at work and on my bike I wear my colors and leather Just my way:s

rode for years myself without chaps... started traveling back and forth more so riding bike earlier in year due to gas prices.. kinda cold in mar/april at times so wearing chaps and yes they do work...would never have considered it before. wish i knew then what i know now kinda thing.. so now i'm considering a doo rag... why? if it keeps the knots down then i'm game. everything has a purpose and is only laughable when being worn for something other than what it's suppose to do. will i be wearing chaps in july? doubtful to most certainly not. now that would be odd.

rode for years myself without chaps... started traveling back and forth more so riding bike earlier in year due to gas prices.. kinda cold in mar/april at times so wearing chaps and yes they do work...would never have considered it before. wish i knew then what i know now kinda thing.. so now i'm considering a doo rag... why? if it keeps the knots down then i'm game. everything has a purpose and is only laughable when being worn for something other than what it's suppose to do. will i be wearing chaps in july? doubtful to most certainly not. now that would be odd.
@ The doo-rag, they do work to keep the knots out of your hair. :) I have long hair, so I wear a pony tail and I either braid it or use multiple scruntchies on it. Then I put the doo-rag on to keep the tangles down.

Another trick for the hair is to put a little conditioner in before you head out. I got that tip from an old biker friend. :s

As for the chaps, for me it is added comfort for cooler temps, the protection is just a bonus. :s (I know, I the intended purpose was actually the other way around.)

Black leather = safety!
Studs/pins = trendy/cool
Patches = symbolism
Doo-rags = comfort/style

Some suit/dude up every time they hit saddle & some are weekenders...just part of the culture. I say..."to each their own" and pretty much treat all equally b/c we have same interest (riding). They don't hit me up for not wearing/accessorizing w/all these things.

Back