Why did you Buy a "Harley"

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by wildspirit97, Jul 13, 2008.

1. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

I'm sure everyone has their own special reason for choosing a to buy a Harley Davidson.
    For me I always told myself and everyone else that I would never buy an H-D because everyone was ridding them now, and usually don't like to be part of the "Crowd" But when the time came to buy a new bike and I went shopping, (and by shopping I mean looking at everything I shopped for a year before I bought a new one.) The only bike for me was the '07 FX Softail.
    I've always been a "Honda" guy, the first bike I owned was a 1975 550 four that I put together from 2 different parts bikes and a few other parts from the cycle salvage yard. I rode the heck outa that thing for 2 years or so but wanted something a little nicer. A guy I used to ride with back then Had a '94 Heritage and we rode to Lynwood, Wa. where I bought a Honda Shadow at the Harley Shop there and I rode the Heck outa that thing Till I bought my H-D last year.
    So my reasons where I really liked the look and feel of the bike and I love to ride and the bike I picked out just Happened to be a Harley.:D AND I LOVE IT!!!!:thanks I still ride my Honda sometimes, I got a lot of good memories on her, but there's just something about the Harley....:rider
  2. The Bad Man's Angel

The Bad Man's Angel Active Member

I was tired of being luggage on the back of my Bad Mans!
  3. AugMan

AugMan Account Removed

you mean there is another option?
  4. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Nothing feels like a Harley, even sitting still.

Nothing has the heritage and story line of a Harley.

Nothing makes you such an immediate part of a global family as a Harley.

Noone else offers as many cool T-shirts as Harley!
  5. toad451

toad451 Member

I had a Yamaha V-Star before I bought my Harley. It was ok for my first bike. After I sold it I told myself my next bike would be a Harley. I kind of saw myself on a Fatboy or other softail model at first. I am really glad I found this Road King that I bought. I've only had it just over 3 weeks but am 99.999999% sure I won't be selling it. I pretty much plan on riding it until it just won't go anymore.
  6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Habit :D
  7. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

I looked at all the brands out there while I was shopping around. I also shopped for close to a year, but the only requirement I had at the time was that I wanted a blue bike.......:D What can I say? The orange & creme just spoke to me. I called the dealer, 5 hours away the next morning & put the deposit down. Hubby drove down 2 days later & picked it up for me. :D:D I didn't even start it up while I was there, I really thought that if I left the impulse would go away & I would keep looking. Haa! I love it.

My reasoning for looking at harley's in the first place was 'look at the resale value', like I'm going to sell. You can't sell your engagement bike. :D I just need to convince him that I need to keep it too.
  8. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

I was going to get the either Honda Aero or a Yammaha V-Starr 1100 but a buddy of my convinced me that if I got one of those I'd be like the guy that drives a Mustang and pulls next to a Corvette and says "that's what I really want". Besides when I went to buy the bike I missed up and took my wife; she has no problem spending money and
    when she saw me sitting on the Fatboy she said that was the one. And since she's helping with the payments , What was I to do but get the fatboy. I just wish someone would have warned me how much a bike would cost me after I bought it. I may have had a beutifull black Mustang instead.
  9. joose

joose Member

growing up my dad had harleys and i just thought they where awsome so i started working last year when i was 16 and made about 3,000 and my dad helped on the rest and i bought my superglide and i love it
  10. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

I always wanted a harley simple as that .. the look the sound sure it can be copied but well it still aint a harley

That harley is based here in America didnt hurt either