free website stats program Why Blame The Dealers | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why Blame The Dealers

I have been to a lot of dealers on my 06 WG from coast to coast I never really got the warm and fuzzy from a service dept. I bought my bike threw military sales and just paid MSRP So the the dealer didnt make much money. So when i did pick up my bike i was greeted not so nicely the bike still had shipping stickers on it when he showed me it that was biloxi HD too name names. anyway being military I move a lot and found some good service counter people but bad mechanics and vise versa. Its just the attiude I get because I didnt buy it there. But now i just do my own maint. and leave the warrenty stuff the dealers. does any one feel the same? rich

I also purchased my bike through Military Car Sales, but a little different expericence when I returned home to pick it up. I paid $1600 under MSRP, but the dealer gets the set up fees your charged. Salesman were great, and Office Manager also. Was introduced to all the different employees in motorclothes to parts & service. A pretty positive experience until I rode in with new slip on mufflers I bought off internet. Was frowned upon then. Also, I never did get a warm & fuzzy when I used to use their service department. Felt like I just threw my money in trash once I discovered some services were not being preformed.

My dealer charges 10% over MSRP on most parts (engine, trans, non chrome). I had no idea until I started to compare against MSRP web prices. When I asked him about it they said "I don't know what your talking about. That's what HD says to charge"..... Ya right.

I would check that 20% discount against web MSRP. In my case I would only be saving 10%. It's not the 10% or the discount. It's the lying and shell games they play that gets me.

I've checked, their prices are msrp. Another thing about this perticular dealer. There are four guys that work in the parts department that have all been there since before I bought bike over Three years ago. There is another dealer close by and there is a new face in their parts department every couple of months.

Back