free website stats program Why Are Harley Rentals So Expensive? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why Are Harley Rentals So Expensive?

If HD = Hundred Dollars then
B.O.A.T. = Break Out Another Thousand
I own both, no wonder I'm broke all the time !!!

If you have NY motorcycle insurance read your policy. You can cut down on the rental cost as your insurance policy covers you. Make sure you take the policy with you to show them. Eagle rents HD and Victory.
Kit Custom

If you have NY motorcycle insurance read your policy. You can cut down on the rental cost as your insurance policy covers you. Make sure you take the policy with you to show them. Eagle rents HD and Victory.
Kit Custom

Must be nice. I live in Georgia and insure with Progressive. I called Progressive and was told a rental is covered only if you're renting because your primary bike is in for repairs or maintenance. Doesn't apply if your renting for pleasure on a vacation or business trip.

Here's my take on it.Being in a field that deals with auto rentals frequently and having rented several Harleys while in Orlando Ive come to this conclusion.Rentals are based on mileage vs. service.A rental car company may expect to achieve 30,000 miles out of a given rental car before expieriencing any major mechanical setback.A bike on the other hand would fall into more of a 10,000 mile category.Hows your clutch doing after the 10th different newby rider?If you're fixing it after every rental you're losing money.

Back