free website stats program Why an Ultra? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why an Ultra?

I think Richards hit the nail on the head. But one never knows when some nice lady might want to go for a ride on that great looking tour bike.
LOL

I have been riding for a long time. been to canada and florida a few times on a 650 triump tiger (2 up) .After doing that with my Ultra , I am glad I was a lot younger when I did it on the triump

OK Glimmerman. You just pushed me over the Ultra edge. I suppose it's OK to have 2 HDs. One for short rides and the ultra when you want to cruise in comfort. Let's see how long I can hold on to my wallet before I plunk down a down on an Ultra...

Oh yeah, I need to clear a space in the garage too! Now there's motivation to get the garage organized. If I tell the wife my new concept, she'll probably go out and buy it for me.

My ultra is great. I use it for food shopping and just about every thing else. Did you know you can get 8 bags of groceries on that thing. need a big bag of dog food? Bungie it on to ride shot gun. I love it.

For me it's the whole package of the Ultra...........
The fairings, radio, cruse control, seat, extra storage, weight that helps keep it stable, and the fact my wife can ride and be just as comfortable as I am.

Thanks Rich...New here...but not new to riding or HD! I have been riding for the better part of 34 years. I just bought a 10 ultra, but I just can't get comfortable in the seat. After about 2 or 3 hours I find myself skwirming around. When I ride I am out for 4 to 8 hours.
Last seat I had was by R and J customs. I could ride all day in it. I wanted to try the Corbin, I like how it looks.

Thanks again,
Dave

Had a Street Bob. Loved it for short rides and just toolin' around. Started doing longer rides, comfort was not there, nor was the staorage space. Bought an Ultra. Love it; comfort, storage, tunes. Best thing I ever did for the long rides. Still love the Bob for the short stuff, and it fits on my trailer behind the 5th wheel, so I never have to be without a ride.

For me it is everything I could want in a bike, Storage, Power, 2 up comfort, Classic lines great resale value because like you said a lot of them around, Not too mention they look cool in the reflections of store fronts lmao

Back