free website stats program Why all the Harley Bashing? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why all the Harley Bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One lil correction, the V-Rod is all metric :bigsmiley23: Other than that, you pretty much summed it up...

IMHO the V-Rod is not a HD... it is more a Porsche sold by HD.... and it is water cooled... and that IMO take away all of the "cool"!!! :D

.. .. .. .. .. .. ..
The day will come that liquid cooled motors such as the Revolution will be the standard motor in HD's. EPA standards will only get stiffer as time goes on and the day of the airhead will go away except for the aftermarket buiders... .. .. ... ... ... ... ..

(Yea I guess sometimes it's kinda like Made in Amerca with outsourced parts:D but none the less still made in America:taunt)

Tbone I agree that water cooled will probably be the way of the future. I plan to always keep my AirHead Bob because I love the sound, the looks and the whole thing there of.

But someday when I can get financially able I want to buy a touring bike also. And I wouldn't mind at all it being more balanced and cooler running. My question is:

Do any (most ?) of the current water cooled bikes have radiator fans ? Otherwise it would still be a problem in traffic. I have heard that some do but never did find out which ones.

Also I'm assuming when you say liquid cooled it's still a water-coolant mix correct ? (just like cars). I.e. my mechanic said never to run coolant only that it required some water in the mix to cool properly..

It's a global economy? So the rest of the world is broke and CRASHING HARD so we should follow the GLOBE and crash too? I look at the label/tag on every thing I"m thinking about buying to see if it's made in the USA before I buy it. If we don't stand up and support ourselves who is. So help keep the illegal,s working in the USA:small3d031: YA RIGHT
You missed my point. The "global economy" comment I make is that you need to look deeper at what you think is "american". My uncle did not do his research and though he bought an American Made vehicle just because it was a Chevy and was bashing my Subaru becuase it "did not keep Americans Working" when in fact more Americans worked on my Subaru than his bow tie truck! My point is you need to really need do your research to "buy American"......because of the global economy. And yes......we are in an ever expanding global economy.....wether you like it or not.

Do any (most ?) of the current water cooled bikes have radiator fans ? Otherwise it would still be a problem in traffic. I have heard that some do but never did find out which ones.

Also I'm assuming when you say liquid cooled it's still a water-coolant mix correct ? (just like cars). I.e. my mechanic said never to run coolant only that it required some water in the mix to cool properly..

Yes all water cooled bikes have a cooling fan which is thermostatically controlled. They also have a water pump.
Your mechanic is correct because the coolant needs to mix with water to not allow coolant to freeze and have the correct boiling point....

Just a comment first..

I think the Big Problem with our economy is Not in the cars or bikes, one time purchases...
It is in the Daily Purchase of gas and oil products... $$$$$$ going to countries that want my head on a pike... We need to get out of consuming Foreign Oil.

This Lie given about we don't have any is just that a Lie.... I have capped many natural gas wells in our local area (cert. welding) and Why we don't change out some of our autos and trks to use natural gas/butane like years back In the Old Days,,, as we are abundant in it... Would drop the Foreign Oil consumption, big time...

There seems to be a Master Plan in place to take us OUT of the picture and get US into a World Order (UN). This frightens me more than some one buying a foreign made item as that is already a lost cause with all the trade agreements in place today..

I Buy American every chance I get but it is hard to find..

Just can't see the Harleys running on Natural gas... takes all the fun out of it..
Bashing one bike verses the other I find Has been and Is often in JEST..

I share the road with all and wave at all and talk to all. Stop to Help all,,, Now IF the Metrics would only talk back? Hahahaha See what I mean,,,, JEST...

signed....BUBBIE

Wacko, not jumping on you:small3d002: just stating that we(USA) can help ourselves buy looking for Made in North NORTH AMERICA. (I buy Canada products too) When I bought my Chevy commuter car, I told the salesman, show me it's made in USA and I'll buy it, took him a while but he found it.:s BUBBIE I agree 99% but we have plenty of our own oil and the BOZO's (tree huggers) stop us from drilling it:small3d031:

Just a comment first... I think the Big Problem with our economy in not ...... .. ... ..< cut out>
It is in the Daily Purchase of gas and oil products... $$$$$$ going to countries that want my head on a pike... We need to get out of consuming Foreign Oil.

This Lie given about we don't have any is just that a Lie.... .... ..... ...

There seems to be a Master Plan in place to take us OUT of the picture and get US into a World Order (UN). This frightens me more than some one buying a foreign made item as that is already a lost cause with all the trade agreements in place today..
.. ... .... .... ..
signed....BUBBIE

Yep could not agree more, oil is our biggest problem. I would differ only in that it is not our only big problem. And yes we have not only Natural gas we have OIL in reserves larger than Saudi but the powers that be will not let us drill for it. I would say more specifics but cannot get into politics and don't want this fine thread shut down.

I USED to be afraid of the Master Plan in place, I'm not anymore. I am rather resolved to face the wind as there are few that even know what it would take to TRY and turn this all around AND and even less of chance that it could actually happen due to overwhelming circumstances playing on the world powers that be, and the extent that it has progressed over the decades. That is as far as I'm gonna go with it, but YES I hear you and agree with your proposal, but I'm not holding my breath until I see it implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back