free website stats program WHY 3 HOLES and USE ONE oil??? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

WHY 3 HOLES and USE ONE oil???

Obviously results from 21 years of experience aren't valid for you.

Like said above....it's your ride and your choice which oil to use.

I know what works best from experience and if you chose to use peanut oil in your engine, that's OK too.

LOL... okay Glider, you win. Was NOT negating your experience... or any one elses. In fact, even said that I base my decisions on experience and opinion. But experience isn't the same as test data. You clearly aren't following what I'm trying to say... so, I'll just go with saying you're right. However, I prefer canola oil to peanut oil.

Enjoy!

Obviously results from 21 years of experience aren't valid for you.

I know what works best from experience and if you chose to use peanut oil in your engine, that's OK too.

Like said above....it's your ride and your choice which oil to use.

You may be a Capt in the navy but when it comes to harleys.................:D

My theory is this. The best advertisement for any product including motorcycle oils are the word of mouth. In my case I thought that Spectro syn oil was the best for engine. After the recommendation from the staff of well seasoned Veterans here, who have a lot of knowledge and experience, suggested Mobil 1 in the engine. I have changed and found to have much better results with Mobil 1 than Spectro. I also use the recommended oils for primary and transmission discussed here with infinite improvement over O.E. oils. So sometimes research can be misleading, and print documentation to show deficiencies in the products they are competing with. I will always stick with the Veterans recommendation on how to care for my bike.

My theory is this. The best advertisement for any product including motorcycle oils are the word of mouth. In my case I thought that Spectro syn oil was the best for engine. After the recommendation from the staff of well seasoned Veterans here, who have a lot of knowledge and experience, suggested Mobil 1 in the engine. I have changed and found to have much better results with Mobil 1 than Spectro. I also use the recommended oils for primary and transmission discussed here with infinite improvement over O.E. oils. So sometimes research can be misleading, and print documentation to show deficiencies in the products they are competing with. I will always stick with the Veterans recommendation on how to care for my bike.

Wow... is everyone overly sensitive here? NEVER discredited anyone's opinion or experience. And, yes, Glider, I am a Captain... and when it comes to Harleys, I've been riding motorcycles over 40 years. However, without being negative to anyone...

In my very first post I said... I follow experience and opinion... however, I don't try to pass it off as fact or test data. It is anecdotal evidence, which is usually enough for anyone.

So, DMBG... you say Mobil 1 is working better than Spectro for you. How so? Is your engine running cooler? Are the internal parts lasting longer now? What exactly are the better results? Are you finding less metal particles in the oil when you change it?

Mobil 1, Spectro, Amsoil, SYN3, Peanut, Canola, Lard... if it's worked great for you... wonderful. If you think it's the best based on 80 years experience, great. And why are there 3 holes if 1 product is good enough? Gosh, maybe it's an engineering issue... like, the 3 areas are not co-located?

If there was 1 perfect answer, there'd only be 1 product. However, I'm not going to just ignore data and pretend that opinions and personal experience are the same as data. Can the data be misleading? Sure. So can personal experience. And, just because I don't have thousands of posts here doesn't mean I have less experience... just means I haven't been posting here.

Yeah, I'm kind of wound tight because people seem to only read what they want and have ignored the rest. My only point has been that experience is not the same as a controlled test with data.

I'm sure there will be more responses or misinterpretations. However, I'm done with this thread.

:small3d023: :newsmile07: :rr :wall

I really don't get it. Today, 10:54 AM #14
BUBBIE

Re: Oil help
Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Thanks, so is one oil ok in all three holes? or am I going to have to use seperate oils?

******* NO*****

IF you were to use "ONLY ONE OIL" , lube,gear oil. THERE would be Only """ONE""" Hole in the bike to use it in..

Each moving Part in the THREE different HOLES are Different from one another...!

Each ONE (hole) REQUIRES a DIFFERENT PROPER LUBE.

REGARDLESS Who says Different, HD included. IMO

signed....BUBBIE

Post Note: Meant in a Friendly Way.....

under arms = deodorant
Teeth= tooth-paste
feet = powder
body = soap
hair = shampoo
whiskers = razor
bare feet = socks n shoes

toilet/showers/sinks =cleansers = Now YOU get MY drift here......... BUBBIE

THIS is what started ALL this ?????? !!!!!!
signed....BUBBIE

I am confused.

I get drbillk's point about the difference between test data in a controled environment vs. what people experience or think they experience.

I get Glider's point about how controlled test data can diverge (and typically does) in "real world" applications.

This is how the world has always been, correct?

That's why there are democrats and republicans, liberals and conservatives. This is what makes America great diversity of opinion.:)

This is Kinda why I did it Generic,,,, To Fit "ALL" and NO Brand No BrandNames were included...:newsmile099:

Post Note: Meant in a Friendly Way.....

under arms = deodorant
Teeth= tooth-paste
feet = powder
body = soap
hair = shampoo
whiskers = razor
bare feet = socks n shoes

toilet/showers/sinks =cleansers = Now YOU get MY drift here......... BUBBIE

So, DMBG... you say Mobil 1 is working better than Spectro for you. How so? Is your engine running cooler? Are the internal parts lasting longer now? What exactly are the better results? Are you finding less metal particles in the oil when you change it?
Yeah, I'm kind of wound tight because people seem to only read what they want and have ignored the rest. My only point has been that experience is not the same as a controlled test with data.
I'm sure there will be more responses or misinterpretations. However, I'm done with this thread.

:small3d023: :newsmile07: :rr :wall

The results for me have been a quieter running engine, and yes there are no metal particles on plug and oil color is only slightly tinted after 5000 miles.
Example as to the controlled test data, the indicated MPG on the window sticker on cars is impossible to achieve which is why the disclaimer thats states your mileage may varies, do to driving habits. This is one example of skeptical test data in my opinion.

The results for me have been a quieter running engine, and yes there are no metal particles on plug and oil color is only slightly tinted after 5000 miles.
Example as to the controlled test data, the indicated MPG on the window sticker on cars is impossible to achieve which is why the disclaimer thats states your mileage may varies, do to driving habits. This is one example of skeptical test data in my opinion.

Excellent point db :s

Back