free website stats program Who's Going To Sturgis | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who's Going To Sturgis

Jack,
Ride safe and have a great time, you deserve it.

This year was a great year for my family since my oldest daughter was married and being the father of the bride, I paid the bill. :newsmile093: It was a great wedding so no regrets. Having paid that bill I will have to target another year in the near future to go back to Sturgis.

I have been to Sturgis twice so I am fortunate to have a great bunch of memories of the greatest Motorcycle Rally in the world. :s

Thanks Tank, I don't get out there much any more. When I lived in Mn. I rode there every year. The big mistake was taking The Redhead OOPS did I say that. She had as much fun as I did so We are looking forward to this trip and We get to see The Great Grand Son for the first time, Wow I am feeling old now, and we are hoping to meet Geezer and Mrs Geezer (Kim) in Duluth Mn on the 10th hoping someone has a Camera EH:s

Leaving Florida Tuesday AM, flying to MN, Leaving Mn Thursday 5 AM riding straight thru to Rapid City NO CATS:p

Safe trip Jack both to you and the Redhead, hope you both have a great trip and run into some old friends....watch out for cats she might like a stray and adopt it:D

I am definetely not a regular and have often been called irregular, but I am Leaving Omaha on the sixth staying in Rapid City.

I am definetely not a regular and have often been called irregular, but I am Leaving Omaha on the sixth staying in Rapid City.

Regular, irregular, no matter. Important thing is you are going! I am jealous of all that are able to make the trip but happy for you at the same time. Wish I could.

Ride safe and enjoy every minute.

Safe trip Jack both to you and the Redhead, hope you both have a great trip and run into some old friends....watch out for cats she might like a stray and adopt it:D

LOL, We just farmed out her dog to a friend for safe keeping. THe Redhead does not like CATS so that should not be a problem, Tho I have thought about getting her a stuffed one for her birthday on Wednesday That should go over like a lead balloon:p

Won't be making it to Sturgis this year; heading the East coast instead. Should be a blast.

The good thing is when we go to Sturgis, the fiance's relative live half a block of main street - they let us stay for free!! :) Saves :newsmile093::newsmile093::newsmile093:

We left Ft. Lauderdale last wednesday, in Mt. Vernon IL tonight and expect to get to Hill City on the 3rd. Anyone know if I29 from KC to Sioux City is ok or what diversion people are taking?

We left Ft. Lauderdale last wednesday, in Mt. Vernon IL tonight and expect to get to Hill City on the 3rd. Anyone know if I29 from KC to Sioux City is ok or what diversion people are taking?

Iowa DOT Travel Information Service

Hey Merlynn... I-29 is still closed from Omaha/Council Bluffs north to the I-680 interchange, just south of Missouri Valley, IA. There are still some stretches closed south of Omaha to the MO border.

I haven't been south of Omaha much, not familiar with the detours in that area. However, if you do make it into Omaha, you can take Hwy 75 north to Blair, NE, then Hwy 30 east to Missouri Valley, IA and catch I-29 north again. Alternately, if you are east of Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area, you can catch I-680 over there and head west, it connects with I-29 just north of the flood zone.

Once you get north of Missouri Valley, IA, it's wide open... just watch out for the speed radar cameras and construction zones in Sioux City.

Back