free website stats program Who's changed handlebars? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who's changed handlebars?

I've got a set of Heritage handlebars that a friend gave me but I'm not sure I like the shape of them. It sure would have been nice if Harley had made a set shaped exactly like the ones on my '07 Road King except having more pull-back (less reach).

Interesting thread this, I'm looking at changing bars also on my '07 FLHRC and thought about the Heritage bars but was told that new cables were a must so ruled out that option.

Then I was pointed towards the Reduced Reach Road King Handlebars P/No. 56152-04 for '02 and later Road Kings however, the catalogue says that these also require the use of additional Clutch Cables, Throttle / Idle Cables, Brake Lines and Switch Wire Extensions. Has anyone had any experience of these?
I installed the reach bars on my 01 Road King, the only thing that I would have needed is the cable extensions, I was able to get by without it. The problem I had was that on the new bars the cables are inside the bars and removing the cable connectors were a bit of a problem without a service manual.

I got the bars installed so far so good on the comfort from the stock RK bars.
Just wondering what others who have put them on have done for mirrors.

My stock mirror now give me a great veiw of my shoulders from the handles bars being narrower.

sorry its been a while to repost, the fairing mounts were blocked, for now i just put mirrors on from my dads nightster. still tryin to find a mirror i like the looks of.

Back