free website stats program Who's changed handlebars? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who's changed handlebars?

I put ergo backs on my 09 SG very happy. Yes they block tha fairing mount mirrors. stock cables work wired mine internaly looks much better.

I put the pullback bars on my Ultra and it was a quite a chore. You need to pull the outer fairing, loosen up the inner fairing (just to reposition it) and also remove the ignition switch/housing. You will need the service manual to do this......you can download it from this site. All of my cables reached just fine but my clutch cable is a little snug. My dealer told me they would need to change the clutch, brake & throttle cables/wires and then bleed the brakes. All in all they were talking around $1500 to swap out the bars, I almost wet my shorts and decided to do it myself. It took me about 15 hours of labor but I got it done and am very happy w/ the results. I even routed the cables inside the bars so I had to cut/splice the switch housing wires. I'm not sure what you would want for a RK but for an ultra classic, the pullback bars are great.

Hey 09 streetglide, is it blocked enough that you are thinking about or already added the other mirrors? B1 I will look into the pullbacks, have the manual and used to taking it apart, I'm guessing those bars are less than the klocks, Thanks to all for your input

Geezer , thanks for the input on the 575 bars . I have this set setting under my coffee table right now, i plan to change out the bars on my 09 glide this week ! Old school

Last edited:
no problem. you will enjoy working on them. I like the inch and a quarter fat bars with the wires in them. they just look good to me.

thats ,the same style as the one's i have . the bars look a lot cleaner with the cables run inside . also i changed my mirrors the first day i had the bike , imo the fairing mount mirrors were to low , with blind spots . the mirrors just need to be a tad heigher right now so i am thinking the extra height of these bars will make it perfect for me.

Last edited:
Yep heritage police bars. I'm cheap, ~$90 with a new grip and glue, no cable swap and only took a couple of hours. I could do it in less than an hour now that I know what to do.

Is there a write up on removal of the steering lock mechanism on the RK?
Mine is a 98.

The 56623-99 & 56902-08 appear to be the same bars, I ordered the 569's.

Last edited:
Back