free website stats program Who? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who?

It sounds to me like the Misses is kind of hinting to go with you on the long trips. Soooo, if spending more quality time with her and she has already given the green light to upgrade then why not make the move. The only regret you will have is not having enough hours in the day to do all the riding you want to do.

Keep em both. I have three and its nice to ride each one for different reasons. Im going to upgrade to a newer bagger at the end of the year. could do it now but i wont sell my wide glide or shovel to do it. ill wait awhile and keep em all. ill bet you will still use the old one alot.

Thanks All
Sounds like the majority says keep it..that’s the way I’m leaning. I, Like Smitty and others...I have a deep sentimental attachment. It’s worth more to keep it than sell it.. I have put some feelers out on a few bikes…If I buy used, 105th anniversary is what I am looking for…if new I will more than likely trade…..I am in no HURRY. Patience I hope will pay off and something will come my way…Appreciate all replys..others thinking like me…makes me feel better.. :shock

I have 4 bikes , 2 V8 bikes which are over the top, but when I ride long distance It's my 09 Ultra Classic that we take, to me it's the best touring bike made, if I sold it I think i'd really regret it, Buy the Ultra, 09 or newer,( longer frame ) Your wife will love it, Keep the other one if possible

get them both , I have an 80 flt wanted more power so i bought a 2000 roadkindking police , So now i have two baggers , like the shovel one first bike , Looking for a lighter bike for local jumping around , three she thinks iam nuts lol

I never sell a gun or a bike, and unless I absolutely have to, I never will either. When the ultra is beyond its life as a reliable touring bike, I will turn it into an all out ground pounding street glide replica, and buy a new ultra for touring. Up until this past summer I have always had a ski boat and for a few years also a drag racing boat. Got tired of boats and since i am a little more mature (stress the little part) i got back into bikes, and here i go with my collection. I intend to acquire a panhead, knucklehead, flathead, etc etc even if a few of those are knock offs, thats ok, i just really like the way they look. Heck, for four years my XLCH was in my bar in my basement. It was off the floor about a foot and a half and the lights were wired into a switch with a transformer. When people were over i flip the switch and it was definetely original to say the least. If i could, i would go "Jay Leno" with my collection.

I have 2, a roadking for the long hauls and a 97 softail custom for short runs around local hangouts. the roadking is by all means my go to ride, but when I want to make some noise or draw some attintion I brake out the softail. Oh ! did I mention the wife has her 883 custom that she rides when we make the local rides. If I were you I would keep the the one you like and then later if need be you can sell it. if not youve still got her ! besides if you decide to you only want to keep one bike you will get more for her if you sell outright in the spring anyways!

Glad to hear you're keeping your bike. That is always the best option if you have the room and can afford it. I still have my 73 Sporty, it's been stored for almost 20 years, but someday I will restore it to ride to antique bike meets. Or maybe not, but it doesn't cost me anything to keep it and as my first Harley it is a part of my history.

Back