free website stats program Who wears leathers in the summer? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who wears leathers in the summer?

66 degrees here on the central coast of California with 64% humidity. Nice 10 mph breeze from the west.

66 degrees here on the central coast of California with 64% humidity. Nice 10 mph breeze from the west.
I've just come from that direction. Rode down from BC on the 101 and practically froze my (edit) off. Watched fog roll across the highway all along the Oregon coast. So I went inland and headed north from Weeds and have been following 97 north. Now it's 40c (100f) As I got close to Bend Oregon I kept seeing beemers. Then in Bend they were all over the place like ants on a picnic. Almost every one of them was dressed in full riding gear. 100f and they were dressed like it was November. I had to laugh. I though HD folks were brand nuts. We can't hold a candle to those beemer boys (and girls) I kept think to myself these guys must be cooking in their nice fashionable riding apparel. They must have BMW stores hidden everywhere and you only get the locations when you buy a beemer.

Language or work arounds are not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear my Harley FXRG with all the vents open , front zipper almost all the way down. over a T-Shirt up to 100 Degrees F here in San Diego County, California..:D

Please don't talk about leather in these days in Rome!!

It's almost 40°C, the air is HOT and if you stay still in shade... big drops of sweat roll down your skin!!

I went to the beach yesterday and I wore only a t-shirt with sunbath cream on my arms and a pair of jeans... but I could have used a pair of shorts!

Only thinking of leather clothes now makes me sweat...

The strange thing is that I've just come back from a week holidays in Seychelles, 4° South of Equator, and the climate there was fantastic!

BTW no significant bikes there: few mopeds only in Praslin Island, where I stayed .

Ciao
Ugo

Please don't talk about leather in these days in Rome!!

It's almost 40°C, the air is HOT and if you stay still in shade... big drops of sweat roll down your skin!!

I went to the beach yesterday and I wore only a t-shirt with sunbath cream on my arms and a pair of jeans... but I could have used a pair of shorts!

Only thinking of leather clothes now makes me sweat...

The strange thing is that I've just come back from a week holidays in Seychelles, 4° South of Equator, and the climate there was fantastic!

BTW no significant bikes there: few mopeds only in Praslin Island, where I stayed .

Ciao
Ugo

ya I gotta agree ugo, coming from Canada, would always wear just jeans, boots, and a tshirt in the summer.

I used to wonder at all these guys with shorts and sandals,
2 summers in Spain taught me something, where in the afternoon
it gets too hot do anything, never mind ride a bike.

But here in Milan is gets sooooooooooooo humid as well.

Well, a reply from Spain although not from the hottest part of it. Just yesterday my wife and I got a very pleasant ride to the mountains, you know, just at 25*C but when you get back to the city, reaching 35*C and more ... No leathers, no jeans, no boots can stop the heat coming from ... Everywhere!!!
WAP.gif

I wear a mesh leather police jacket and tall Chippewa motor boots and leather gauntlet gloves even on 95+ F day's. It is actually cooler when your moving with the jacket than a short sleeve t shirt. But if you stop riding that's a different story. The summer mesh style jackets wick the moisture away and shield your arms from the sun. And the boots/gloves/a leather or balistic jacket is a good thing if you go down. I don't wear chaps though after it's 60 because they do tend to get hot. Although they are good protection. I do wear chaps when on a horse and while working as a pickup rider while rodeoing though, but that is more for protection and they are
batwing style chaps and aren't tight and don't zip down your leg like motorcycle chaps are. They just have three clips from thigh to knee and are open and don't cover the back of your legs below the knee.
But they are heavy and do get warm.

I wear my leather once in awhile when i am out riding. In Minnesota, it gots hot and real humid so I try to pick and choose when I wear my leather. Chaps? I have worn them, but at this point I am not enthused about them, and that is only because I bought a pair from a buddy, they are a little too big in the waist, and didn't hug my legs enough, so they were bulging a bit and I thought they got a little too close to my pipes, so I do not wear them.

Im just back from my summer trip to germany was about 15 c when i left here and the mid 30s c all across mainland europe i was stripped down to tshirt and waistcoat that was after we had stopped and wife pulled off her helmet and was sick due to heat exhaustion we stopped till evening then moved on again
now back in scotland and a nice warm 16 c i can once again go out in the sun and enjoy the weather

Brian

Im just back from my summer trip to germany was about 15 c when i left here and the mid 30s c all across mainland europe i was stripped down to tshirt and waistcoat that was after we had stopped and wife pulled off her helmet and was sick due to heat exhaustion we stopped till evening then moved on again
now back in scotland and a nice warm 16 c i can once again go out in the sun and enjoy the weather

Brian

Was in Austria second half of last week - ditto to Germany on temperatures - mid 30s and not dipping too much at night. Noah-like deluge on the autobahn back to Munich only to have our flight cancelled by a lightning stike on our plane.
Good old Lufthansa put us up in a beautiful hotel and flew us home on Sunday. Some airlines still really look after you....

Check this out: Grossglockner High Alpine Road
Grossglocknerstrasse - one of Europe's best motorbike roads - absolutely amazing....:D:D

Back