free website stats program Who uses a riders backrest? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who uses a riders backrest?

I put a Mustang solo on with an adj backrest and its fantastic. Long or short trips, fast or slow its great for me. When I was younger riding 500-600 miles per day was ok without one, but now its a must.

This one is from Firehousecustoms
backrest

It doesn't appear to be ajustable, here's a link.....
Firehouse Customs - Harley Davidson

Thats cool. I want a backrest for my Heritage and wasn't ready to spend hundreds at this point for a new seat.

I ordered one of these today so I should have it in about a week. I'll report back my review when I install it and give it a ride.

Woulda never found that if not for this site. Thanks for the link!!

I'm 63 and bought my first bagger last year. Ordered the back rest when I bought the bike. (Edit) YES! Should have done this 20 years ago. Long trips before, I'd bungee a back pack to the back seat and lean on it. Now, just reach for the lever on the left side and adjust on the go. In a word, "Yes" two words, "Do It"

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would mount my Lazy Boy on the bike if I could find a way to attach it, but since I can't, I went with a back rest instead. Lower back pain ain't fun and these usually help.

This is the one I ordered for my Heritage Classic.

Attachments

• backrest2.jpg
    backrest2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 57
  • backrest1.jpg
    backrest1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 56
I've got an 08 Street Bob and I can't find a backrest for my solo seat. Seat is 13.5" wide. Mustang said they don't make one for my bike and don't plan on it in the future. Any suggestions?

ordered one of these for my 02 heritage classic used it for about 2.5 months gave me good back support but I was not comfortable as I wanted to be with so I went back the seat that was on the bike when i purchased it in dec 07

I installed a Mustang seat with a backrest, and I never take it off. It is great for long trips:p, but is also handy around town.

Back