free website stats program Who uses a riders backrest? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who uses a riders backrest?

I have the adjustable backrest from HD & it is one of the best investments I made IMO . I would not buy a backrest that is not adjustable IMO .

I bought the non-adjustable backrest and really like it, a lot. Actually, the non-adjustable is adjustable, just not on the fly. It took a couple of tries to get the backrest tilt screw adjusted to sit on my back cleanly but once set, it's perfect. Not sure if I will need to adjust it any more but if I do the allen wrench is handy and I have saved some $$$, to buy even more HD stuff.

A buddy has had his non-adjustable backrest over a year and didn't know the adjusting screw was there. Now he's even happier with his backrest.

:USA
:GEORGIASTATE

Where can I get a back rest for a Dyna FatBob. With the stock seat, I don't seat back far enough. Would I have to change my seat or do they make a rest that I guess bolts to the back but comes forward to were my back would be. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

I find with me it works even better in the city, when exilerating instead of grasping the bars, just lean back especially steep hills,stop lights , the only danger is when on the highway you may fall asleep lol, wouldn't drive without it

I have a 2008 ultra clasic with an adjustable one. Ilove it I am 6' tall and 240lb. I have friends that are smaller and have non adjustable ones but they dont work to good for me.

I'm 5'5'' about 155 lbs. I may just give one a try. Seems to be a lot of possitive feedback.

Thanks everyone!:small3d006:

I found an add on that looks decent for my '93 Heritage, it's a riders back rest. Can someone give me some personal experience as to whether or not it helps out on the longer rides?

Back rest is a MUST for me....but it would depend on what you like. if you can sit on a chair with no back rest for hours, then you might not need one.

Adjustable rider back rest is the first mod I made to mine. It's one of those why did I suffer through all that time without one. :)

I would not ride without a back rest. Also my hubby is a disabled vet and has had 10 surgeries on his back and neck, he is fused all the way down his back. I just got him the 08 RK Police and the we put a sundowner seat and adjustable back rest on it, he is in heaven. I would suggest anyone that wants to ride comfortably get a back rest. They only way to go.

Attachments

• Dean's 2008 Road King.jpg
    Dean's 2008 Road King.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 33
I love my back rest on long trips! It can be adjusted wher it cradles my lumbar right where I need it. I do have to remove it when my wife rides with me because it is hard for her ot get on and off with.

I had a back rest on the Corbin seat I had on my Softail and liked it. Last year I tried a "Back Align" belt on the recommendation of a friend and couldn't believe how good my back felt, even after a 7 hour ride it was better than the back rest.

Back