free website stats program Who uses a riders backrest? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who uses a riders backrest?

I have one for the RG (came with it) but I don't like it. Makes me sit too upright, and it's mounted as far back on the fender as possible.
Mine is the non-adjustable one; people who have the adjustable one seem to like it a lot better. It costs around a hundred bucks more than the one I have, though.
There was another thread about these a while back, but can't remember the name of it. Check the Search.

I'm old too, but good lookng :bigsmiley20: I've never had a back rest on any bike I've owned. Reading these posts sounds like it's somthing I should look into. Question, I can see if your crusing 70mph, back up against the rest and comfortably sitting enjoying the senery. How does the rest affect youir normal 35 to 40 riding, in and out of traffic. I would think it really doesn't do it's job unless your on cruse control resting your back.

I found an add on that looks decent for my '93 Heritage, it's a riders back rest. Can someone give me some personal experience as to whether or not it helps out on the longer rides?

I put one on my '09 RK. Next to a shirt pocket, it is better than sliced bread!
With my Sundowner seat, I can scootch foward or back a little, chaning my position for the long rides and stay comfortable. Prop my feet on the footpegs, lean back, compares to my recliner. Another plus is if by chance you need to push the bike backwards (parking lot, etc.) you have something to push against, making life a whole lot easier!

I find it adds a lot of comfort over not riding with one ,it takes a lot of pressure off my shoulder and upper back area and lets me add the miles per day I can ride on the long hauls. So for me it was a good investment taking the comfort level up a great deal.

I used one on my RKC, but have not bought one yet for the Ultra. I do love the backrest. It just has not made it to the top of the list yet.

I have the adjustable backrest from HD & it is one of the best investments I made IMO . I would not buy a backrest that is not adjustable IMO .

Think of it another way...you bust your hump to earn your way in this world
so you also earn as much comfort as you can manage.

This one is from Firehousecustoms
backrest

It doesn't appear to be ajustable, here's a link.....
Firehouse Customs - Harley Davidson

i have one but it can be uncomfortable i need to bend it backwards some hd much make these for short guy as it pushes me up on the tank

Back