free website stats program Who started it | Harley Davidson Forums

Who started it

dogdad

Just curious....I think it would be interesting(at least to me) to learn on how this HDTimeline came about,who was/were the brains behind it. What did it take to get it started and who runs it? How did the moderators become what they are??? It has truly become the #1 HD forum and many thanks to those responsible.

I don't wanna start any rumors but...... I heard Glider is a huge main frame! Don't tell any one where you heard it. lol

OK guys, here it is...:D

This forum is the product of much time spent and hard work by Speed.
I wandered in here a year and a half ago after doing the same kind of work elsewhere for some time but that forum turned to mush as well as the leadership there.
I left there and came here after cruising around the net for a while and when I saw this forum, I contacted Speed and asked if he would be interested in some tech assistance on the forum.

He accepted my assistance and I became the Community Liaison and together we started to build the self help forum as well as make some changes to make the forum more user friendly.

We have a great relationship here and truthfully I'm very happy that I have Speed's trust to do various things on the forum with no questions asked.
We have a select group of moderators on the forum that really are great to work with. Anytime there is a problem, they are there to offer suggestions and back up the decisions that are made.

Well, there you have it, the truth is out now and I may be needing a new mother board :D

You guys have done an awesome job! I have been really busy lately, trying to stay caught up though, but I'm working on a couple of things to 'give' a little. I get the info here, then try to share it again. :D It's amazing how much I have learned in the last year. :bigsmiley11:

I was lucky to stumble in here first & never went to any other forum, just on glancing while looking for my answers, this site just jumped out & said, "Come On In!" Thanks to all for making this place great!

All I can say is this is a great forum for Harley owners and enthusiasts, like the name says "--Reading After Riding." I only came to this forum in August after picking up my Sporty, and literally right after the first ride. I had questions that were pretty basic and learned a simple fact...after the warranty period is over, very little sustaining information on your ride exists at the MOCO homepage other than "bling" on line, and no technical support, hotline or phone assistance whatsoever.

Coming to this website opened my eyes to a technically rich, supportative and responsive moderator staff who volunteer their time to help Harley users enjoy and maintain their rides...fullfilling the obvious void that MOCO with it's heritage and following really should have had in the first place. :58:

Thank you Speed and Glider for making this such an awesome website and allowing me this opportunity to follow in such great company!:newsmile071:

Last edited:
All I can say is this is a great forum for Harley owners and enthusiasts, like the name says "--Reading After Riding." I only came to this forum in August after picking up my Sporty, and literally right after the first ride. I had questions that were pretty basic and learned a simple fact...after the warranty period is over, very little sustaining information on your ride exists at the MOCO homepage other than "bling" on line, and no technical support, hotline or phone assistance whatsoever.

Coming to this website opened my eyes to a technically rich, supportative and responsive moderator staff who volunteer their time to help Harley users enjoy and maintain their rides...fullfilling the obvious void that MOCO with it's heritage and following really should have had in the first place. :58:

Thank you Speed and Glider for making this such an awesome website and allowing me this opportunity to follow in such great company!:newsmile071:
And congradulations to you too for now becoming a moderator having said that I hope you overlook a few things I may become carried away with:bigsmiley33::D

And congradulations to you too for now becoming a moderator having said that I hope you overlook a few things I may become carried away with:bigsmiley33::D

No worries Steve, I am new to the Harley party and always willing to learn and grow. Besides, whenever something comes up, don't we always look up north for the answers? :rofl

Back