free website stats program Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times

If you have a workshop manual,check out the wiring schematic for the International models.My flstn passing lights ONLY work when high beam is on.They will not come on with the "hard wired" low beam.

Other way around,they should only work on low beam:s

Hello gang
May be a foolish question but I normaly ride with my " Running lights" on at all times I picked up my Ultra from the dealer the other day (Warranty Work) and noticed today that my running lights were off how many of you do not run the Runniing lights when ridding?

BuffaloBILL
On my old Glide Standard I left them on all the time, BUT I did readjust them. Folks, as an OTR truck driver, I'm here to tell you almost every single Harley I've seen on the road with passing lamps has them set up way too high from the factory. I've actually thought some of them had a headlamp bulb out because the passing lamps over-power it so badly. Ever notice you seem to get flashed by oncoming traffic because they think you have your high beams on? On my new RG they seem to have neglected the "passing lamp" feature. lol But I guess the double headlamps makes up for it.

Isn't that what it is all all about, safety being seen?

Problem is what do you define as running lights, do you mean the full size driving lights along side headlight or the tiny "turnsignal lights that happen to have two filiments for running and turnsignal respectively. Legally from the front they have to be "white" like the headlight, if orange they could be confused for a profile side view, or sometimes outback with the red confuses the issue, as somehow some imports got away with it in the early 70's. By the time DOT had gotten the protocol done things were all messed up. :bigsmiley22:

Supposed to be white side lights from the front, orange reflector on the sides (yeah those ugly fork reflectors most HD riders removed). Out back only red lights from the rear only, though amber flashing is legal again from the 70's mistake). Red reflectors on the side (also removed typically by riders or blocked by accessories) like saddlebags.

The key here is to use ones that have DOT Approved molded in to the bezel/reflector otherwise, anything else is technically "illegal". :(

Last edited:
Does a 2004 road glide have running lights?

My headlight and tail light are on all the time but I'm not sure what you mean by running lights?

I keep my "Passing Lamps" on ALL the time. I like the idea of amber ... may check that out. Ride hard, ride safe, or stay home.

Would you go as far as wearing a neon green road construction vest? I do!

I see alot of people riding around here with the reflective vests, I think it is a goo idea, sure can see them at a distance from behind.

I also had the rear turn signals changed to stay on all the time and get brighter with turn signal or brakes.

Back