free website stats program Who Gets the Ticket? | Harley Davidson Forums

Who Gets the Ticket?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Just wondering - if you give someone a ride somewhere, like they broke down on the side of the road and really need a ride somewhere, but they aren't wearing a helmet, who gets the ticket if you're stopped? Just the passenger, just the operator, or both?

As my state goes.The operater is responsible for all passengers.You get pulled over for not having a seat belt.you get an additional fine for every other passenger in your vehicle who doesnt have theres on.

Operater is at fault.

Driver is accountable...one time in a cage did a "U-turn" in front of girl friends house to "drop her off", county mountie turned on his red light and gave me a ticket. Most expensive date as a teen I ever paid...can't see laws changing anytime soon...and no more "door to door" service without checking twice!:small3d007:

In Alabama if the passenger is 15 or younger the driver gets the ticket. 16 or older the passenger gets it.

Most places you would find it is the driver who is at fault. If you are traveling from one state to another where your has no helmet law but the other one does it is your responsibilty to know all the law. In this case where 'someone was broke down' I would say where were you taken them, home, to a shop? Now days just about the whole world has cell phones where help or a tow or part truck could be called and a ride not needed, unless she is cute

Most places you would find it is the driver who is at fault. If you are traveling from one state to another where your has no helmet law but the other one does it is your responsibilty to know all the law. In this case where 'someone was broke down' I would say where were you taken them, home, to a shop? Now days just about the whole world has cell phones where help or a tow or part truck could be called and a ride not needed, unless she is cute

Sorry Poohbear,

Just need to make one small correction -- "....unless she or he is cute"!! :newsmile045:

CatWoman

Back