free website stats program Who doesn't own a cage? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who doesn't own a cage?

I was at my local dealership today and met a guy who stated he didn't even own a cage and he rode his Harley everywhere. For some reason this blew my mind. Dont get me wrong I love to ride and would rather be on two wheels than four anyday. However, I realize that cars are a necessary evil at times. For instance what would you do in extreme weather? What if you had to haul something? Is there anybody else on this forum that doesn't own a cage? If so how do you deal with these issues?

I don't own a cage, but let me tell you I can pack two weeks worth of groceries on it. I have carried an industrial size bag of packing P-nuts on the back seat. Two pizzas on the luggage rack, toilet paper and a toilet seat on the luggage rack. Items are either secured to the luggage rack or back seat.
Inclement weather I have rain wear and off road goggles.
Cold weather I have long jons.
Hot weather I deal with it.

When I was 19, I bought a 650 Yame and rode from June to October without a car. Could not do a MI winter on a bike, mom would have had a fit.

First year I was married we had 1 car and 1 bike and my wife worked in one city I worked in another.I rode that bike all year,snow storms and all.
All I can say is I was young and stupid and I wouldn't do it again!

When were you young, have you looked in the Roast a Moderator Thread LOL How you doing now that you are the BIG 50:s

I have been feeling like a kid again untill today,too many wobbly pops and shooters at the party last night.I had to go for a good long ride today to clear my head!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers ==:newsmile068:

Good for you, Did Kemo join you, if I get to Key West I will send you guys some STOGIES:s

Back