free website stats program Who doesn't own a cage? | Harley Davidson Forums

Who doesn't own a cage?

Dswartz

I was at my local dealership today and met a guy who stated he didn't even own a cage and he rode his Harley everywhere. For some reason this blew my mind. Dont get me wrong I love to ride and would rather be on two wheels than four anyday. However, I realize that cars are a necessary evil at times. For instance what would you do in extreme weather? What if you had to haul something? Is there anybody else on this forum that doesn't own a cage? If so how do you deal with these issues?

From 1974 to 1985 I did not own a car only a motorcycle. Living in Fl. I didn't have the severe weather that they have up north, but we do get our share of rain and in the winter here in north Fl. the temps can get into the low 20's. I purchased a suit from Wy. that was made for hunters and plugged into a cigar lighter. The suit looked like a one piece snowmobile suit.

I live in mid missouri and for two yrs 82-83 I dident own a cage. road to work in the winter with a neighbor, all other times road the bike, made some rough trips too!

all through high school did not have a cage only my old xs750. company supplies a truck now but i do not own a cage

From 1976 to 1983 my only form of transport was my motorcycle i did over the years increase the gear wardrobe for winter weather and got to know how to pick my bike up snow and ice are not sticky fitted the best tyres that money could buy to my bike and in the end got a second bike just for the winter roads
however life was a lot more simple in that time as a single soldier i didnt ever have more than personal gear to move yes i did move from a duty station to a new one with all my stuff on the bike

Brian

I own two cages. They are always on the road with wife in one and kid in the other. I ride everyday. Rain, 27ºf, wind, no matter. On that rare occasion that I do drive a cage, it is a weird feeling to me. I drove a cage to a camping trip a couple weeks ago and it almost made me feel dizzy driving it, for some reason.

Bodeen

The Redhead has a Rav4, I have not owned a cage in 14 years I ride every day, unless we have a huricane:s

If I had it my way I'd ride all the time but the weather and work don't always allow it. Kind of need my truck for work. I've rode until December aside from work. January and Feburary the cold really sets in. Somtimes sooner.

Back