free website stats program Whitewall Tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whitewall Tires

I put whitewalls on mine and it completely changed the way the bike looks. I really like them.
Also, I don't think it is any more trouble to keep them clean.
I wash my bike once a week and the tires get a scrubbing then. No big deal for me.

DSC_0093-1.jpg

Got to have WW, I feel like something is missing without them. It's easy to keep them clean if you don't let them get real bad.

RK.png

I like the looks, but I am lazy, hate cleaning them. When I changed the Tyres on my Baggers I went back to black, I know I spelled Tyres the English way:p

I replaced the original rear stock Dunlop (402 I think) with a Dunlop E3. I'd heard that following tire snakes was a prevelant problem with the stock tire. I must admit the E3 seems to be a better performing tire. Ive noticed on grooved pavement, the bike has less tendency to 'chine walk'. I'd like to find a WW that would give the performance of the E3. I dont care for the look of the wide whitewalls on the dressers.

Billy G
What's a "chine walk" Billy?

For looks, depends a lot on your particular bike and color scheme. The wide white walls look great on my '04 RK Classic in glacier white....

HPIM3267.jpg

I ride an 07 Road King Classic with spoke wheels and wide white walls front and rear. Yes, it is a job to keep them clean but as you can see in the pic, it's definitely worth it! I spend a lot of time cleaning and polishing my bike and next to riding it's a passion for me. After all, our bikes are representative of who we are, I'm shiny clean!
Here is how I keep them clean and looking good.
1. Spray Citrus Clean concentrate on dry wheel, brake dust rolls off.
2. Scrub with wheel brush
3. Rinse
4. Repeat step 1-3
5. Finish with SOS pad

Takes a while but results are worth it!

you guys just convinced my on whitewalls for my 05 RKP. Great looking bikes guys

What's a "chine walk" Billy?

"Chine walk" is a term applied to high performance boats when it gets squirrely and bounces from one side to the other instead of keeping a level keel, usually just before you loose control of it. :D

Been there and done that.(chine walking)

As most have said, whitewalls IMO do look good. They are more work. I had them on my silver 06 RKC and loved them. Kept them clean with a product called BlecheWhite (sp). The leather bags on my scoot were easier to remove then the hard ones on my 08 EGC. I enjoy cleaning my bike so didn't mind the extra work required.

"Chine walk" is a term applied to high performance boats when it gets squirrely and bounces from one side to the other instead of keeping a level keel, usually just before you loose control of it. :D

Been there and done that.(chine walking)

Thank ya Sir!!!

Back