free website stats program Whitewall Tire cleaner | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whitewall Tire cleaner

We have one in the UK Danny, and a very good one too, it's called Auto Proud Tyre Cleaner Dressing. I use it on my 2007 FLHRC White Walls and it's 1st class for brining them up like new. Join the 2-words together and add .co.uk at the end and you'll find it no prob's.

Cheers Dave will have a look at the site,Danny Mc:D

I got a product off the internet called white wall wipes. they work good. you can order them from anywhere!

Cheers marcus will check them out along with another one David(prev post) has suggested,Danny Mc:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleach white is the way i clean all my tires...it works best on dry tires... spray on a dry tire, let it soak for a min.. then scrub...good to go. keeps the white letters on my truck looking brand new.. dont have white walls on the deuce but i use it on the black walls also.

Any one else have issues with tires looking brown after using tire shine? The dealer had my sidewalls shined when i bought it a year ago...i am still having issues getting rid of the brown look...I quit using tire shine on any tire for this reason..

I found the "brown" look after using armor all on tires. I switched to a different product and no more problems.

I get it with most tire foams...i have 2 cans sitting in my garage that will not be used on any tires I own anymore...too much of a pain to clean after they get dirty...they do look good shined though... bleech white on a dry tire works best to get rid of it..but still not perfect.. i find myself reapplying the shine just so the tires dont look brown..

On your list of things to use on your tires, don't put carb cleaner on the list. Put some carb cleaner in a cup and drop a rubber washer in it. The next day the washer will crumble in your hands. Don't use anything alcohol or thinner based on your tires, you are just asking for trouble down the road. Stick with bleach white and a scotch brite pad or SOS pads.

Last edited:
Per some suggestions here, I just tried Simple Green and Magic Eraser. I thought that sounded to be one of the most gentle all around. To be honest, these wide whites have never popped like this. I'm sold, and the required elbow-grease was minimal. Thanks gents :)

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back