Whitewall Tire cleaner

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Curveball, May 4, 2010.

1. Curveball

Curveball Banned

I've heard that carb-cleaner does a great job on whitewalls. Anyone tried this? I use bleche-white now and I'm not that impressed with the job it does.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

I've used a bit of lacquer thinner to remove any marks and it whitens the whites very nicely. I wouldn't use it or carb cleaner on a regular basis but once in a while to remove grunge wouldn't be too bad.

I use spray 9 (same as Fantastic) and a nylon scrubby pad. Works wonders.

[​IMG]

3. WHM1

WHM1 Junior Member

My wife rides a Softail Deluxe and I have the privilege of keeping both our bikes clean. After getting the bike wet, I spray whitewalls heavy with Bleach White and let it sit while I wash the bike. After washing the entire bike I spray off the bleach white and then scrub with a Brillo pad. A little elbow grease and the whitewalls always look brand new. A spray alone will not completely clean the tires, at least to my satisfaction.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Nice whites Glider:p

5. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

Mr Clean, Magic Eraser works well.

6. gamspaugh

gamspaugh Member

There is a cleaner called Mean Green that also works well

7. DANNY MC

DANNY MC Active Member

You fellas on the other side of the pond seem to have a few products that all seem to do a reasonable/good job....My question is what do the UK riders use,at the minute i just use a little bike shampoo and green scourer pad,not bad but could be better,any ideas UK

8. Curveball

Curveball Banned

Thx. Gents.

Did'nt think the carb cleaner was a very good idea, but I'm lazy.
    Back to scrubbin. I like em to shine.

9. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I use Wesleys Bleach in a spray bottle. I have a nylon tire cleaning brush and in the middle of the nylon bristles are wire bristles. I jack up the bike so I can get the tires to spin freely, then I spray the entire tire, scrub the whitewalls with minimal elbow grease, and rinse it all off. It comes nice out nice and white for my liking.

10. sjsin

sjsin Member

Wesleys