free website stats program Whitewall Tire cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

Whitewall Tire cleaner

Curveball

Banned
I've heard that carb-cleaner does a great job on whitewalls. Anyone tried this? I use bleche-white now and I'm not that impressed with the job it does.

I've used a bit of lacquer thinner to remove any marks and it whitens the whites very nicely. I wouldn't use it or carb cleaner on a regular basis but once in a while to remove grunge wouldn't be too bad.

I use spray 9 (same as Fantastic) and a nylon scrubby pad. Works wonders.

RK.png

My wife rides a Softail Deluxe and I have the privilege of keeping both our bikes clean. After getting the bike wet, I spray whitewalls heavy with Bleach White and let it sit while I wash the bike. After washing the entire bike I spray off the bleach white and then scrub with a Brillo pad. A little elbow grease and the whitewalls always look brand new. A spray alone will not completely clean the tires, at least to my satisfaction.

I've used a bit of lacquer thinner to remove any marks and it whitens the whites very nicely. I wouldn't use it or carb cleaner on a regular basis but once in a while to remove grunge wouldn't be too bad.

I use spray 9 (same as Fantastic) and a nylon scrubby pad. Works wonders.

RK.png

Nice whites Glider:p

You fellas on the other side of the pond seem to have a few products that all seem to do a reasonable/good job....My question is what do the UK riders use,at the minute i just use a little bike shampoo and green scourer pad,not bad but could be better,any ideas UK

Thx. Gents.

Did'nt think the carb cleaner was a very good idea, but I'm lazy.
Back to scrubbin. I like em to shine.

I use Wesleys Bleach in a spray bottle. I have a nylon tire cleaning brush and in the middle of the nylon bristles are wire bristles. I jack up the bike so I can get the tires to spin freely, then I spray the entire tire, scrub the whitewalls with minimal elbow grease, and rinse it all off. It comes nice out nice and white for my liking.

Back