free website stats program White Walls | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

White Walls

I put the Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit on mine the first weekend after i got it. I liked the extra visibility for safety reasons. The only problem is that the trim rings I had on the lights wouldn'd fit any longer because the red lenses are a little bigger diameter than the stock Amber lenses so now I just have the trim rings on the front of the bike.

I think I see what you're talking about with the whitewalls. The 50' style hot rod look is very "cool", I've seen a few choppers with the wide whites and I think they look good. How about some classic style pin striping and some upswept pipes with fishtails?

As for the shield, I had one on my sporty that was detachable, worked great for long trips but in 30 sec. was ready to profile around town.

Good luck and enjoy your new bike and welcome to the forum!

I think I see what you're talking about with the whitewalls. The 50' style hot rod look is very "cool", I've seen a few choppers with the wide whites and I think they look good. How about some classic style pin striping and some upswept pipes with fishtails?

As for the shield, I had one on my sporty that was detachable, worked great for long trips but in 30 sec. was ready to profile around town.

Good luck and enjoy your new bike and welcome to the forum!

Yeah thats why I was thinking the whites might look good since the bike has so much black already, the whites might just bring out all that black even more.

I dunno. I'll have to really get some input locally too. I'll be picking a lot of brains before I make any hard decisions.

Lets see if I can put up those 2 pics I have.

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

I'll have updated pics on monday, I took those around the end of march after I signed all the paperwork.

Last edited:
not sure if i would go witht he wide white walls or not i have um on my road king classic but a total blacked out bike they might look out of place.. get a good side shot of the bike then photoshop the tires and see what ya think

not sure if i would go witht he wide white walls or not i have um on my road king classic but a total blacked out bike they might look out of place.. get a good side shot of the bike then photoshop the tires and see what ya think

Only problem with that is I don't have photoshop, I can however produce a nice side shot of the bike tomorrow.
maybe I can find someone to photo edit for me.

I love the look of whitewalls on certain bikes. Mine included. However the ones I like are on Old School Bobbers, and Various Baggers. Of course it also depends on the Wheels of choice, the fenders of choice, and the colors of the bike. For instance, a bike with a 16 or 18 inch rear and 21+ inch front, kind of looks goofy with white walls. However a pair of matching 16/18's make a decent mount for white walls. The bike you bought... In my opinion, wouldn't make a very good place to use white walls. definately stay black. If down the road you decide to change up your fenders to a more of an FL style, it may look half way decent with a pair of whites on it.

I was in your same predicament recently. My one buddy got a new Fat bob and the front tire was a nice fatty. I told him how much I liked my white walls and he went out and bought some. When I saw his bike.... I wasn't very impressed. He didn't talk to me half the summer till I offered to change the tires myself.
I also saw a guy this spring put a pair of white walls on a new Cross Bones Springer. Man was that UGLY!

I love the look of whitewalls on certain bikes. Mine included. However the ones I like are on Old School Bobbers, and Various Baggers. Of course it also depends on the Wheels of choice, the fenders of choice, and the colors of the bike. For instance, a bike with a 16 or 18 inch rear and 21+ inch front, kind of looks goofy with white walls. However a pair of matching 16/18's make a decent mount for white walls. The bike you bought... In my opinion, wouldn't make a very good place to use white walls. definately stay black. If down the road you decide to change up your fenders to a more of an FL style, it may look half way decent with a pair of whites on it.

I was in your same predicament recently. My one buddy got a new Fat bob and the front tire was a nice fatty. I told him how much I liked my white walls and he went out and bought some. When I saw his bike.... I wasn't very impressed. He didn't talk to me half the summer till I offered to change the tires myself.
I also saw a guy this spring put a pair of white walls on a new Cross Bones Springer. Man was that UGLY!

Thus, the photoshop idea. unfortunately HD of Bergen has held me up yet again. was unable to pick up the bike today. They are claiming tomorrow. but since its been pushed back so many times, I'm beginning to loose my excitement and am getting annoyed.

Thus, the photoshop idea. unfortunately HD of Bergen has held me up yet again. was unable to pick up the bike today. They are claiming tomorrow. but since its been pushed back so many times, I'm beginning to loose my excitement and am getting annoyed.

As soon as you sit on it the excitement will come back!:D

Back