free website stats program White walls & spokes | Harley Davidson Forums

White walls & spokes

I used spray 9 (like fantastic) for the whites with a scrubbie pad or nylon brush and pledge on the wheels if you don't let them get too bad.

RK_23.jpg

Last edited:
While I do not have white walls on my bikes, I do have them on a car. I use Bleche White. It cleans 'em right up with very little work. Just spray on a dry tire, let sit for 2 minutes, hit the tires with a washing sponge (or whatever) and rinse. It also takes off brake dust.

If the white walls are really dirty, wet a rag with lacquer thinner and wipe the white part only. You do not want to overdo this as it does soften the surface of the white wall a bit. I do a small section at a time and immediately wipe it dry.

I wash my bike with Blue Coral auto wash.
For the whitewalls I use Scotch-Brite heavy duty non-scratch scour pads and I dip them in the wash bucket to get all the suds. They work extremely well for me.
For the spokes I use a long handled brush called a mag cleaner, used to clean auto rims. It has very soft 3 inch long bristles and it makes cleaning the spokes very easy to do.
The mag cleaner also works well cleaning the engine and all the other little crevices dirt hides.

DSC_0048-1.jpg

Normally I use Mothers foaming wheel and tire cleaner on my laced wheels and white walls, but if the white walls are real dirty I like Westley's Bleache-Wite or I'll break out the Brillo pad.

The real trick is not to let them get really dirty. I use Wesleys bleach White. Just spray it on and wipe with a clean soft sponge.

Preclean with Gunk Engine Brite (do not leave on too long), rinse wheels and tires off then a small bit of Palmolive green dishwashing soap and long bristle brush. Whitewalls get the Wesley's Bleach White, and use raised white letter pen to touch up scuffs...! Spoke whees, lots of elbow grease, wax and plenty of white cotton tees...way too much trouble, so I am glad I have cast wheels with tubeless tires without white sidewalls now on my Sporty! Sorry...:s

Back