free website stats program White smoke on decel | Harley Davidson Forums

White smoke on decel

2blueking

A good friend of mine has a '96 EGC . I noticed riding behind him the other day that when he was on the throttle for a bit & let off, he had a good puff of white smoke coming out of the right pipe.Smelled like oil. You can also run your finger inside the pipes & they'll be covered in black "soot". Running rich? I did notice he put some oil in it last week,wondering if he overfilled...

A good friend of mine has a '96 EGC . I noticed riding behind him the other day that when he was on the throttle for a bit & let off, he had a good puff of white smoke coming out of the right pipe.Smelled like oil. You can also run your finger inside the pipes & they'll be covered in black "soot". Running rich? I did notice he put some oil in it last week,wondering if he overfilled...

Could also be bad valve seals and or worn guides, keep an eye on it at check the compression:s

Are you sure it's white smoke and not light blue? If it's light blue, it's oil. Fuel would produce dark/black smoke.

I think Captain Jack has your buddy covered. That is what I would be checking for.

TQ

Back