White Residue on inner plastic fairing

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Crazyole, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Crazyole

Crazyole New Member

I have an 09 Ultra and after several washings there is a white residue that is building up on the inner black plastic part of the fairing. I shows up on the lower areas where water can get caught and then dries. Even if I soak it up the white shows thru. I have tried to remove using vinegar, but to no avail. I almost looks like mineral deposits from my well water??

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove or cover this up?

I wonder if the inner fairing could be defective?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Try some Pledge or a liquid car wax.

3. hntwrobin

hntwrobin Active Member

My 09 Streetglide's inner fairing is turning white all over I am going to have it replaced after the weather turns here. I tried armorall at the dealer it did nothing. I don't know if they had a bad run or what. The service manager didn't believe it when I told him.:31:

4. LIRider

LIRider Account Removed

What do you use to wash it? I have found products like S-100 to leabe white spots that will not come out.

5. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

Wondering if they went with cheeper brass nutserts to hold the inner and outer fairings together.Brass does corrode white unlike steel.

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Wipe it down with a small amount of air cleaner oil then wipe as dry as you can.Apply a bit of pledge to a rag and wipe it again with that.It will look like new.

7. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

Try the Mr. Clean Autowash System. The final rinse is with the filter. It will help keep all the minerals in your well water off your bike.