free website stats program white fat boy | Harley Davidson Forums

white fat boy

Spike

I rarely post, but often love to read other post. Long story short, I had to sell my 2010 Ultra because my wife could no longer ride, and we replaced it with a convertible Mustang we both can enjoy. My gracious company provided me with a nice bonus and now I have money for a replacement bike. I am looking at a 2005 Fat Boy that is white with only a bit over 7k miles. Not sure about a white bike, but this one looks great. My concern is how big of an adjustment will it be going from an Ultra to a Softail Fat Boy? Too big of an adjustment, or will I be comfortable and love the ride like the Ultra? Please comment...

You'll be scrapin floor boards constantly,they aren't geared the same,so it's going to get buzzy over 65-70mph.I could never stand the b engine,the delay in throttle response,and they just sound like a fork stuck in a disposal.Softies are great looking bikes,if they had a rubber mounted mill,I might consider another one.If you just want less on the bike get a Road King.

I have one of each; 2002 FLHT and 2005 FXSTD. I like them both but to be honest, if I had to get rid of one, it would be the softail. If I were in the OP's shoes, I would be looking for an '09 or later Streetglide.

My brother has an '08 Fatboy that he rides (around corners) fairly hard.He has bevelled his Primary case, scraped the right hand frame rails and totalled his footboards.But he loves it---

He also bought a lovely Crimson Red Sunglow Streetglide that he says is WAY better than the Fatty. Outhandles it in every respect- better handling, better ground and cornering clearance, better ride, better cruising/touring.Just all round better. Loves it too.
He prefers the 'Glide as it IS a better well rounded piece of machinery; but will never divest himself of the FLSTF.

Horses for courses.

Its going to be hard to down grade from the Ultra. Unless you want a bike that 100 pounds lighter and are just going to short trip on....

Boy that's a big step. I'd suggest a RK if your are looking for a simpler machine but.... it offers tons of flexibility for longer ride set ups. Of course I may be a bit biased.;)

A Road King with a Woody's fairing and a tourpak. That is what I have, and I can configure it so suit my mood or for the ride.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back