free website stats program whistles like a bird | Harley Davidson Forums

whistles like a bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncobob

i have a 2007 ultra that came with a free bird . when i shut the engine off their is a distinct whistle and it sounds like its comming from the throttle body. its a release of air that seems to be like the last stroke of an exhaust valve closing. i have had the bike since new and its done it from day one. the dealer says its nothing to worry about . i have 28k on the bike and she really runs good. it whistles one time and it sounds just like a song bird. it will whistle 99.9 percent of the time when i shut it off. how bout you bird watchers out their, any ideas on this weird noise? thanks for your help and knowledge

i have a 2007 ultra that came with a free bird . when i shut the engine off their is a distinct whistle and it sounds like its comming from the throttle body. its a release of air that seems to be like the last stroke of an exhaust valve closing. i have had the bike since new and its done it from day one. the dealer says its nothing to worry about . i have 28k on the bike and she really runs good. it whistles one time and it sounds just like a song bird. it will whistle 99.9 percent of the time when i shut it off. how bout you bird watchers out their, any ideas on this weird noise? thanks for your help and knowledge

Not to say they all do it but a lot of them do, I think it is the intake valves in overlap, not to worry:s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back