free website stats program whining gas tank | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

whining gas tank

If you plan i thinking about changing the hose just know the tool to remove the fuel sending unit and filter to get at that stuff is 113$$ for the tool .. The cover doesn't just unbolt like the 07 and earlier units

Ok. Looked at the service manual looking for instructions on how to replace the broken tube in the fuel rail. I couldn't find specific instructions on how to replace it, but did find on page 4-27 instructions on the fuel injectors that mention the fuel rail and fuel supply tube. I assume the tube is what needs to be replaced and not the ruel rail iteself. the manual says to take the induction module off..is that necessary to replace just the tube?? hoping for an easier way to do this. Also has anyone came up with a viable replacement for the tube besides the $45 dollar plastic replacement you can buy at the dealership??

You can replace the line without all that work of removing the induction module. It removes from the bottom of the tank like an air pressure disconnect once you have bled the pressure out of the system. The other end just unclips from the fuel supply tube on the induction module.

Fuel Line Disconnect - Harley Davidson Community

Buy the one from the dealer rather than jury rigging something. There's 50 LBS pressure in that line.

I have heard this whine in my tank from time to time as well. (07 Sportster 1200) I too thought it to sounded like the fuel pump. It hasn't happened often enough for it to really concern me and I haven't heard it for sometime now. Not sure what it is/was but I haven't had any problems because of it up to now. Not a hiss.... a whine. If anyone knows something I should be concerned about regarding this annoyance feel free to hit me with it.

Glider, got home, removed the tank and followed the fuel line from the disconnected tank end to the end that is plugged into the fuel rail. this end has slots on two sides that fit into a "hinge" that you can rotate away to unlock the hose from the fuel rail. I removed the hose, but did not see any way to remove the tube itself from the hose. ..is there a way to get the tube out or does the replacement come with it's own hose? by the way there was a white spot on the hose, just above the reinforced end..is that from the gas leak? thanx. sorry for the bother, my service manual seems to be written above my head as I can make no sense of it.

Not following you here, the tube is part of the induction module and stays there. The hose comes off that tube when you depress the button.

The replacement is just the hose with the connectors on both ends.

Fuellinedisconnect.jpg

so the damage is to the hose itself?? there was a white spot on the outside of the hose around the metal tip. there was no button for me to push..i removed the hose by loosening a screw and rotating fluted hinge that locked into the hose. as I rotated it, it the fluted ends slid out of slots in the hose that allowed me to slide the hose right out.

It sounds like a different attachment than the older FI bikes. As far as the white stain, it's hard to tell where it came from where I'm sitting. :s

You can replace the line without all that work of removing the induction module. It removes from the bottom of the tank like an air pressure disconnect once you have bled the pressure out of the system. The other end just unclips from the fuel supply tube on the induction module.

Fuel Line Disconnect - Harley Davidson Community

Buy the one from the dealer rather than jury rigging something. There's 50 LBS pressure in that line.

As Glider says, so pull the fuse to fuel pump or fuel pump relay and allow the engine to run the fuel pressure down till it dies. Then you can work on the fuel line. :s

Back