free website stats program whiney Trans | Harley Davidson Forums

whiney Trans

chuck60

Why do the newer bikes have transmissions that whine so much ? It's only in low gear. I don't remember my older road king doing that.

Why do the newer bikes have transmissions that whine so much ? It's only in low gear. I don't remember my older road king doing that.

I noticed this with my new tourer. I thought it would only be with them.

I wondered if all of the new bikes are doing this and if so why and what does it mean?

My 6 speed 09 FXDC did not whine near as much as my 14 Road King with 4000 miles and I am running gear oil in the tranny just like in my 09 no big deal I guess. But the best tech in the HD shop told me to bring it in if it got louder.

I have had good luck with their Results; ADVISING members and friends to use Redline ShockProof Heavy to MOSTLY eliminate NOISE and smooth things out all tranny's...

Big Twins Tranny's NOT sportsters....

signed....BUBBIE

I knew it would only be a short period of time before Bubbie showed up with his Redline suggestion. Cant argue with him either! :s

Try Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6 speed, 75-140wt. I immediately noticed a difference when I switched. It also helps finding neutral when your ride is cold. It may be tough to find locally but you can order it via Amazon. I have never seen it at an H-D dealership because they want to push their brand, but, I have seen Redline Shock Proof on their shelves which would be my second choice. I think you'll be surprised with either, and, it should quiet things down a bit. My second choice would be Redline.

Back