free website stats program Whine in all gears | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whine in all gears

I hate to be the negative one on here, and if the noise went away, it's probably good to go, But.....
IF it comes back, I'd take her in to the shop....My 2007 EGC had a whining or growling sound at all speeds, and it turned out to be the transmission main bearing. I bought the extended warranty so it only cost me $25 :newsmile071:. It had AMSOIL in it when it started, I changed to Spectro, and it almost went away for a little bit, then started whining again so I took it in. Sorry for the negativity, but in my experiences, if it can go wrong, it usually does.

I hate to be the negative one on here, and if the noise went away, it's probably good to go, But.....
IF it comes back, I'd take her in to the shop....My 2007 EGC had a whining or growling sound at all speeds, and it turned out to be the transmission main bearing. I bought the extended warranty so it only cost me $25 :newsmile071:. It had AMSOIL in it when it started, I changed to Spectro, and it almost went away for a little bit, then started whining again so I took it in. Sorry for the negativity, but in my experiences, if it can go wrong, it usually does.

WOW,this has me thinking about changing from Amsoil to Spectro.

Back