free website stats program While trickle charging. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

While trickle charging.

When you say working on your bike define working on your bike, That said step one in most cases is disconnect the battery, you can do this and still charge the battery

I do play the CD at times while on trickler charge, but never started the bike.
By working on I mean electrical work such as changing bulbs and etc.
Just woundering if any rider do this. Thanks.

I use 'ctek' battery chargers on all my vehicles-i have permanent connectors with inbuilt flashing green/amber/red LED's attached to my cars and bikes,and this is a question i'd often thought about.

I sent an email to ctek asking what would happen if i inadvertently started a vehicle while still connected to a charger.Their reply was that there was no issue of damage ,but the charger would go into 'fault' mode if left connected to a running engine.NOTE:FAULT mode;not faulty charger.

SO,if you have a ctek,you can start the vehicle with the charger connected,but it should be disconnected as soon as possible.

Perfect for those of us who have the occasional brain fade.

I use 'ctek' battery chargers on all my vehicles-i have permanent connectors with inbuilt flashing green/amber/red LED's attached to my cars and bikes,and this is a question i'd often thought about.

I sent an email to ctek asking what would happen if i inadvertently started a vehicle while still connected to a charger.Their reply was that there was no issue of damage ,but the charger would go into 'fault' mode if left connected to a running engine.NOTE:FAULT mode;not faulty charger.

SO,if you have a ctek,you can start the vehicle with the charger connected,but it should be disconnected as soon as possible.

Perfect for those of us who have the occasional brain fade.

Thanks Biscuit, started the bike while on the charger and it did indeed go to fault or disconnect. Shut bike off and reset charger and all was well.

Back