free website stats program Which Year Bars will fit? | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Year Bars will fit?

Rockchalk

Looking for Heritage Softail handelbars for my 06 Road King Police. Was wanting to know what year Heritage bars will work. Been told I won't need to change any wires or cable with the right year bars. Any info would help. Thanks.

Looking for Heritage Softail handelbars for my 06 Road King Police. Was wanting to know what year Heritage bars will work. Been told I won't need to change any wires or cable with the right year bars. Any info would help. Thanks.

Pretty much all the heritage bars will do the trick at 1". No changes to the cables or wires.

I'm not sure year of bar is as important as measurements. 1" bars will fit most bikes with 1" bars. Same goes for fatter bars. The trick is width at the risers and other heighth and width measurements. Some 1 1/4" bars are reduced to 1" at the risers and grips so will fit orig. risers and you can retain orig. grips if you want. So I think bars are probably the easiest parts to be adapted to a different bike and fit you're style. IMO

Found some handlebar info on the Harley site and what might be a stock bar (PN 56625-99) for reference measurements. If measurements match your requirements, year may be less important. May this be helpful:

Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Then paste in PN 56625-99 (Electra Glide® Standard Chrome Handlebar) in the Search accessories near very top, there will be link to Handlebar Measurement Comparison Chart showing measurements and a list of part numbers.

Or copy/paste: URL below in Browser address line:
Harley-Davidson | Products | Motor Accessories

Back