Which Vance & Hines exhaust for HD Heritage Custom 2008?

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by MHenriques, Jan 24, 2009.

1. MHenriques

MHenriques Member

Hello guys

I'm considering changing the exhaust of my HD Heritage Custom 2008 and I'd like your oppinions on which Vance & Hines model is more appropriate for my HD model.

Thanks for any suggestion or first-hand experience info!

Maurício

2. pawpawsoftail

pawpawsoftail New Member

Don't know if this will help or hurt, or even work for your bike, but I had a set of Santee longshots on my '99 softail for about 2 years and changed over about three months ago to the V&H Big Radius with the stock baffle left in them and I'm lovin 'em!! The sounds tons better and they moved my power band way down to a much more usable RPM range. The bike will still wind really good but it comes from a dead stop a WHOLE LOT better. For me it is a much more usable power band now. Good luck and Ride Safe.

3. flstcdorr

flstcdorr Member

I put the V&H BigShots Long on mine. Love the look and sound.

4. krikket

krikket Active Member

For the Heritage, I'd say the Big Shots. Not too long, not too short but just right!!:D

5. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

are you changing just the stock muffs. with slip-ons or you going true duals???? Are you or have you gone with a different A/C set-up and do you have any fuel system ( fuel-pak,TFI , etc....) ????? Check out the forum here cause there are vids. and sound bites with different set-ups!!!

6. chrishdguy

chrishdguy Member

I personally love for a Heritage the Vance & Hines Softail Duals. To me, the Heritage is a old school bike and these fit the bike perfect. I know this pic is of a Deluxe, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

7. ccrider601

ccrider601 Member

V & H long sots with the stock baffles, sound good no loss of power,But it's all up to what you like . Just Ride.

8. MHenriques

MHenriques Member

Hello Guys

Thanks for all the input. I'm now in the process of locating a V&H dealer down here in Brazil... Wish me luck!

Maurício

9. chrishdguy

chrishdguy Member

Show us pics when it's all said and done!!

10. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

chrishdguy..Man I really like the way this bike looks.Is the color black cherry?
    Love the pipes too.If I could have a second bike(the wife loves my classic)this would be the one.