free website stats program Which Tuner ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Tuner ??

Bud White

Retired Moderators
What would ya guys and Gals recommend. I have a 08 Road King Classic I plan to add a K&N Air Filter and maybe slip ons later but other than that Nada I'm not looking to add a ton of power just keep the fuel map correct or little richer than what it runs now ..

They run the new ones way to lean for my taste
I have not done anywork on the fuelie Harleys compared to the old carb models i used to tune my buddies a lot ..

So what do i or don't i need there so many options i have run across trying to read up

theres the ied's and xieds they claim they work with stock or slip ons and air filter

or a Sert

or PCIII

or tmax

etc etc etc

What would ya guys and Gals recommend. I have a 08 Road King Classic I plan to add a K&N Air Filter and maybe slip ons later but other than that Nada I'm not looking to add a ton of power just keep the fuel map correct or little richer than what it runs now ..

They run the new ones way to lean for my taste
I have not done anywork on the fuelie Harleys compared to the old carb models i used to tune my buddies a lot ..

So what do i or don't i need there so many options i have run across trying to read up

theres the ied's and xieds they claim they work with stock or slip ons and air filter

or a Sert

or PCIII

or tmax

etc etc etc

Hi.We put a T/max &Auto tune on a 2008 FLSTF which was fitted with RUSH pipes and an aftermarket air filter.Before we fitted the T/max,the bike popped and banged away like Beirut on a normal day.Indeed it was so bad that it happened the INSTANT the throttle was even PARTIALLY closed.Of course,the dealer said 'They all do that'(-DIRECT QUOTE!)
We put the Tmax on and presto!-different bike.No popping or banging on deceleration,starts the instant you touch the switch AND the bike pulls top gear -2 up-at 105kph.(about 65 mph).Seriously,the whole demeanour of the bike changed and for the better.(much!)Fuel economy has dropped a bit,but the way the bike sounds and runs encourages more 'vigorous' use.
Anyway,who cares!

I'm fitting one to my 2008 FLSTN when i get more kilometers on it.
Regards.

I plan to add a K&N Air Filter and maybe slip ons later but other than that Nada

or a Sert

or PCIII

or tmax

etc etc etc

Keep it simple then as to what to use. I have used the TFI on many bikes which only adjusts fuel. They work well, no maps , no tinkering like other units with pinging etc.

I was looking at the TFI as i saw it listed around it seems like it would be fairly easy to use .. It seems to simple to me if ya know what i mean but if it works i'll give it a try

It is easy to use and also install, no maps to deal with and just adjusts your fuel. No headaches with timing and pinging. I've used them on many bikes and they work well. If you like to tinker and constantly adjust things (sometimes necessary with other units), then the SERT or PC III would be a good option.

The stock maps in harleys are lean and the timing is not optimized but they run well for what they are just with some added fuel.

One problem i notice is that they make you use a PC thats a problem for me i was checking into it this am .. I run Macs ..

I'm not planning on much as i said first post just K&N for now i use them on everything and maybe slip ons later

One problem i notice is that they make you use a PC thats a problem for me i was checking into it this am .. I run Macs ..

I'm not planning on much as i said first post just K&N for now i use them on everything and maybe slip ons later

The TFI doesn't need a PC at all.

The TFI doesn't need a PC at all.

Right i should have been more Clear i ment the other tuners need a pc .. That was a Big plus that the TFI doesn't as i have been reading this morning waiting for a buddie to call me to go out riding this am

Back