free website stats program which to buy?? | Harley Davidson Forums

which to buy??

alright guys... i have posted this same question in another forum. i am just looking for feed back. i want to change the exhaust, a/c and i guess a tune as well..lol i got a couple of quotes here for you...

#1 rush slip ons, stage 1 air cleaner, and stage 1 download, installed $800

#2 v&h big radious exhaust, stage 1 air cleaner and v&h fuel pak, installed $1400 bucks.

i know about the power commander, but that takes my price up another 300-400 bucks, which i dont have right now...

my question is... which should i get? i am not going to do any other performance down that road that i know of. if i do, it will be years. i gotta change some other things i(make it my style ) first. i am looking for that harley sound. the rumble.. the loudness is cool, but that harley rumble is so awesome. i also want a little bit of performance as well. any help with my selection would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :33:

I say get the rush slipons, the stage 1 A/F and the TFI (skip the download) and do it yourself for half the money. It's not difficult at all and why pay someone else to do it.

TFI? who makes it? is it hard to install? i know i can do the exhaust and the a/c, but i am not so sure about getting into the computer part of it. how do i set up the TFI?

TFI? who makes it? is it hard to install? i know i can do the exhaust and the a/c, but i am not so sure about getting into the computer part of it. how do i set up the TFI?

Hooking up the TFI is the same difficulty level as hooking up a DVD player to your tv. The performance gain is excellent, price is very good, excellent if you are a military vetran, and mention HD talking.

thanks guys... i found some info on it... do you really have to raise the rear of the gas tank to install it? i seen some people say that the vibration from the bike rattles the screws loose that you adjust on it. any truth to that?

thanks guys... i found some info on it... do you really have to raise the rear of the gas tank to install it? i seen some people say that the vibration from the bike rattles the screws loose that you adjust on it. any truth to that?
I have not heard of that being an issue.:)

Raising the tank helps but isn't absolutely necessary. I've never heard of the adjustment screws being an issue at all.

On my 2009 FatBob, I installed Rush slip-on mufflers, Harley stage 1 a/c, and had Harley perform a firmware download. I did the mufflers and a/c myself; both easy to do. Rush parts were $280 from an internet provider. The stage 1 a/c is listed at $150. The HD download was something like $200 parts and labor. Total = $630 plus shipping on the muffler and tax on the a/c. No need for any additional hardware. Stage 1 air kit works with existing a/c cover. Use stock muffler clamps.

Back