free website stats program which slipons for my sportster 72 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

which slipons for my sportster 72

My buddy rides a glide and his woman rides a tricked out Sporty. He happens to work out of town and when he is workin, his Lady is ridin the Glide like she stole it. Just so happens that she is now selling her sporty so she can get a King!!

Hey there! I put D&D slip-ons On my Road King. I didn't think that they would sound good because I was used to Hooker Step Tuned pipes on my FXR. Much to my surprise they sounded great. At low speeds they have a low quiet rumble and when you get on the throttle they open up and allow the flow. Definitely added to the performance of they bike. Using the slip-ons with a breather kit and module, I was able to get 83hp at the rear wheel. I was very happy with that considering that all the mods only cost me $800. Above all that, the pipes LOOK GREAT too!!!! They have a thin profile, they don't look like a set of torpedos sticking out the back of your bike.

Goog luck with your choice!!!!!! :rider

i have to say i love my sporty but then i've never ridden a big twin & suspect when i eventually do i won't like my bike quite so much.
i do plan on having a Dyna one day though :)

I have kept my sportster and enjoy riding it if i am doing twisty road stuff as i am able to flick through the tight bends quite well
Softail not so good on the twisty roads and perhaps better for long distance work

Brian

Back