free website stats program which slipons for my sportster 72 | Harley Davidson Forums

which slipons for my sportster 72

artisan

i originally though of getting some SE street performance mufflers but i'd like something a little louder but not silly loud,i love the look of the V&H straight shots but fear they will be really really loud.
i want to buy from a UK supplier but every one i've found only sells V&H.
do you guys know any good UK suppliers ?
what mufflers would you reccomend for a good sound but not really loud (i had some short shots a few years ago that gave me headache)
my new scoot needs to sound like a Harley but not be offensive,
cheers

There are a lot of choices for slip-ons, personally I like Rush on my softail, a little louder than SE, but not too lound, good rumble.

Heres a link to a vid of my sporty with Rush slash downs with 1.75" baffles. Great deep hd sound at idle and really nice sound when you get on the throttle.

The vid doesn't do them justice but I'm getting ready to put a set on my 2012 FXDC. I think I start the bike at about :55 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGuX_j3CVCk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I have a pair of Rush slipons on my 2010 883L that sound awesome. A nice deep HD sound and not too loud. Here's a link to the vid I made of the bike. I start the engine at about :55 seconds in. Use a good set of headphones and you'll get a pretty good idea what they sound like. These have the 1.75" baffles. I'm going this Saturday to get a set for my 2012 FXDC with 2" baffles.

2010 Harley Davidson XL883L - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
hi have you tried v twin mania they have khrome werks slip-ons,they are based in scotland,i have them on my 2005 1200 sporty custom.

ride safe

hi guys,thanks for the replies,Ratso those Rush pipes do sound nice.
however i bought some cycle shack slipons from ebay & have now fitted them.
when i first rode the bike i thought it was too loud but 300 miles later i'm loving them,maybee a little too loud but i still like 'em.
cheers guys.

Just keep a hold of your original slip ons as they may be required to get through M.O.T.
My nearest mot place 25 miles away will not look at a Harley that has an aftermarket exhaust

Brian

hi Brian,i've already got them safely stored in my shed for future use,normally i don't keep my bikes long enough to worry about getting them mot'd but this bike has really grabbed me somehow,i just love it.
have to say the slipons look much nicer too,here's a quick pic' from Scarborough last saturday morning.
Photo0001.jpg

i just love it

That is a good looking bike perhaps it will hold on to you for a wee while
Although i do not ride my sportster very often i am keeping it for when i get too feeble to push the softail out of the shed

Brian

i have to say i love my sporty but then i've never ridden a big twin & suspect when i eventually do i won't like my bike quite so much.
i do plan on having a Dyna one day though :)

Back