free website stats program Which Security Pager is the Best | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Security Pager is the Best

ironmark

I am looking @ security pager receivers & I see that H-D makes 3 types of pagers

H-D security system pager part # 91665-03 @ $195.95
H-D security pager receiver 2 rechargeable part # 91672-07 @ 79.95
H-D security pager receiver 2 battery powered part # 91660-06 @ 69.95

I have the smart security system with the smart siren 2 already installed on the bike . I am looking @ the rechargeable pager over the battery pager but I was wondering how long will the rechargeable pager works on a charge & can the battery be replaced if it goes bad also how long will the battery last on average on the battery power pager ? Is this something that I can program into the bike myself or will I have to have the dealer install the pager ?

You must have the Smart Siren II for use with pager. I have the re-charge system. Yes you can replace the battery & you can program yourself.
I was not impressed with the range of the system.

Hoop

I do have the smart siren 2 as stated in the original post . How long will the pager operate on a charge ?

I do have the smart siren 2 as stated in the original post . How long will the pager operate on a charge ?

Good question, I can't really say. I have never ran it dry.

One thing, I was REALLY disappointed in the range. On my unit, once I step into a commercial building, it looses contact with the bike. (Polling light goes out).
Pretty sure the range would be OK in an open air field. It is worth $69 but not much more.

Hoop!

I would be Happy to turn it on and let it run dry if you want. Just let me know.

Hoop!

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have the Smart Siren II for use with pager. I have the re-charge system. Yes you can replace the battery & you can program yourself.
I was not impressed with the range of the system.

Hoop
Do you really have to have the siren part of the system? I don't and have had no success linking the pager to my security sysstem.

Do you really have to have the siren part of the system? I don't and have had no success linking the pager to my security sysstem.

The Siren II unit has the antenna in it. That antenna is used to commo with the belt pager. At least that is the way it works on my '09 Dyna. I had to get the Siren II to make the belt pager work. The standard Siren (non-Siren II) has no antenna wire sticking out of it.

Hoop!

68328-02smartsiren.jpg
68328-06smartsirenII.jpg

I decided on the rechargeable pager . I seems that the rechargeable pager is the same as the battery pager as far as performance is concerned & it is smaller than the battery pager which is larger because it has a flashlight feature but you have to change the battery every few months depending on how much you use it . It will not take long to use up $10 in batteries IMO .

The charge on the pager (per manual) lasts 8 days. Please post your findings regarding the range once you step inside a commercial building. Maybe it is the way I have mine installed but the range seemed to be poor. Tks

Back