free website stats program Which Rear Stabilizer is the best ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Rear Stabilizer is the best ??

I was looking at the progressive tour link but it was not listed on this site where the rear stabilizers were listed so I was wondering if something was wrong with them or that no one has tried one , the price seems resonable around $200 where some of the stabilizers come in at twice the price .

I like the design that puts the hardware up high and not hanging down waiting to strike something in the road or scrape in corners. These also don't enclose the oil pan, which I think might hamper cooling to some small degree, or use extended screws which may stress the threads in the case.

I believe the Ride Str8, TWR, Progressive, and other units that have this design would be preferred. I selected the first about two years ago when the last two, as well as most stabilizers now on the market, were not even in existence. It cost $440 then but if I had to do it again I would probably buy the Progressive because of cost ($200) and that it incorporates this preferred design.

Last edited:
I bought the TWR unit about 8 months before I saw the progressive ad. Hooks up like the progressive and the material and workmanship were 1st class. I to wondered about surrounding the trans and hanging something under the bike below the frame. The TRW works great no more high speed wobble, rear stear, sheer terror!

I am using the Sta-Bo bushings and find that the wabble is gone. This was also a 1/4 of what the braces cost and there isn't any risk of the oil pan cracking which has been reported with some of the braces.

I ride pretty hard at times so I notice the wobbles. If I didn't like hitting the twistys so much I wouldn't need the stabilizer at all.

If you have a wobble get one, if not save your money.

I put the progressive stabilizer on this weekend. It works well, as most others have said no more wobble. took about an hour or less to put on. You have to loosen up the right exhaust pipe so you can get a box-end wrench on the lower bolt. now I notice the flex in the front end but over all the bike feels good and solid now and still smooth as before on the straights.

Back