free website stats program Which one would be the best for give me your opinion | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which one would be the best for give me your opinion

Ride 'em all if you can. You need to find something that's a good fit. Something the fits your frame and is comfortable. You did not mention if you had any riding experience.

Thanks yes I have riding experience I have a R1 I don't ride it much because all I want to do is go fast on it and no one in my age group rides them anymore around my house. and I also have had dozen's of dirt bikes and four wheelers so I am pretty good at operating one. I was just looking at either the dyna of standard soft tail for now because they both seam nice and in my price range that I want to spend at this time. If I really enjoy it I will invest in a new bike and then ride different ones to make certain of which I want. I will take your advice and ride those two and go with the one I like best for now. the standard soft tail does catch my eye more but I seen some guys make them dyna's look pretty sweet. I was more concerned about the size of the bike but I assume they around the same size. just a lil different rake correct

It is not on your list, but I suggest a nice Road King. It can be configured up, while retaining the ability to strip down to minimum and go.

Enjoy,
Rich P

As first mentioned by Jeff, go to your local dealer and test ride the models that you think you like, you will at least narrow down your choices from there. Personally, I like the softail for it's smooth ride and good looks. Good Luck!

Thanks yes I have riding experience I have a R1 I don't ride it much because all I want to do is go fast on it and no one in my age group rides them anymore around my house. and I also have had dozen's of dirt bikes and four wheelers so I am pretty good at operating one. I was just looking at either the dyna of standard soft tail for now because they both seam nice and in my price range that I want to spend at this time. If I really enjoy it I will invest in a new bike and then ride different ones to make certain of which I want. I will take your advice and ride those two and go with the one I like best for now. the standard soft tail does catch my eye more but I seen some guys make them dyna's look pretty sweet. I was more concerned about the size of the bike but I assume they around the same size. just a lil different rake correct
forget about the looks,ride em both,and you'll want the dyna.

The OP is making a mistake by not including a Road King or a Street Glide in his test ride experiment. He is not aware of the "A" motor shake at idle that goes away under power and is butter smooth, nor is he aware of the softail "buzz" that never goes away. Honestly, I don't think a short ride is enough exposure to truly evaluate each model. If a local dealer has a rental program, the OP should consider renting each one for a day and riding 50-100 miles. Four dealers in my area; two still have the rental program.

Hello,
I am looking to get a Harley, been wanting one for years, but always talked out of it and got into other hobbies instead. I was wanting a heritage softail or fatboy lo, but after thinking about it instead of dropping $20,000 or so on a new bike that I would start with something used and cheaper to assure that I really like it.
first off I am 5,7 about 265 so I am built like sponge bob, very broad shoulder not just all gut I am just a big dude a short corn fed.guy. anyway I am looking at a 06 standard soft tail and a 03 dyna super glide both about same miles and price. being my stature what would you think be my best choice or should I just get the bigger bikes like listed above. don't want it to look like you can not even see the bike if u no what I mean. I will be using it for everything not heavy touring but will take some trips and riding all over and in town. Thanks for any input.
Sled Dog,
I do not know your location but I work with someone who is selling his Road King. It is much like the Heritage but with hard saddle bags. I'm not sure but I think it is a 2012 and he's asking around $10K. We work near the Atlanta GA, Air port. If you want his info, shoot me a PM

The OP is making a mistake by not including a Road King or a Street Glide in his test ride experiment. He is not aware of the "A" motor shake at idle that goes away under power and is butter smooth, nor is he aware of the softail "buzz" that never goes away. Honestly, I don't think a short ride is enough exposure to truly evaluate each model. If a local dealer has a rental program, the OP should consider renting each one for a day and riding 50-100 miles. Four dealers in my area; two still have the rental program.
Agreed, The road king would make a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that someday you will own a bagger. And you will never look back.

Back