free website stats program Which oil to choose | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which oil to choose

I have just had my Sportster serviced by my local dealer and he used Mobil 1 and Formula Plus Workshop, whatever that is !??

Formula+ is the oil that the dealers sell supposedly for use in the primary and trans, but there are better choices for the trans. in the way of gear oil in the big twins but the sportster is another product.

"Workshop" may be the location of their oil stock being there is no such oil designation.

You guys have convinced me to get off of Syn 3 at my next service. I have looked for Spectro in my area but no luck. Based on what I've read, I'll probably do Mobil 1 V Twin (motor), Formula +(Primary), and Mobil 1 75/90 (trans) in my '03 Wide Glide. Thanks for the good words:)

You guys have convinced me to get off of Syn 3 at my next service. I have looked for Spectro in my area but no luck. Based on what I've read, I'll probably do Mobil 1 V Twin (motor), Formula +(Primary), and Mobil 1 75/90 (trans) in my '03 Wide Glide. Thanks for the good words:)

Good choices, we saved another one!:D

Back