free website stats program Which oil to choose | Harley Davidson Forums

Which oil to choose

denblaq

If you had to choose between Harley syn3, Harley Dino 360 or Mobil 1 AUTOMOTIVE oil for a 05 Twin Cam what would it be ? I have been using
Mobil 1 V-Twin but it is no longer available locally, go figure. I recently read a
test result at the Motorcycle Consumer News website. They tested all the above oils plus Mobil 1 V-Twin. The V-Twin tested marginally better than the
Mobil 1 automotive oil. That's because it is a 20w-50 as opposed to a 15w-50
The interesting thing is that the Mobil 1 automotive tested superior to both
Harley oils. Any suggestions will be welcome.

IMO, if that is the "ONLY" choices you have, I would have to go with syn3 as Its better than 360 dino and I don't know about mobil 1 for cars but it's for cars! ( and they are different than bikes especially air cooled v twins:D)

In this day and age, nothing is no longer available locally. If you're really a big fan of the Mobil for V Twins order it online from someone.

After doing some detective work I found the distributor for Mobil 1 V-Twin
for southeast Michigan. Vesco Oil is located on Warren Ave in Detroit and they sell to the general public. Picked up two cases and figuring in the cost
of gas to drive there it cost about $9 per quart. Thats $2.50 cheaper than
Harley Syn3 and a better oil to boot!

If you had to choose between Harley syn3, Harley Dino 360 or Mobil 1 AUTOMOTIVE oil for a 05 Twin Cam what would it be ? I have been using
Mobil 1 V-Twin but it is no longer available locally, go figure. I recently read a
test result at the Motorcycle Consumer News website. They tested all the above oils plus Mobil 1 V-Twin. The V-Twin tested marginally better than the
Mobil 1 automotive oil. That's because it is a 20w-50 as opposed to a 15w-50
The interesting thing is that the Mobil 1 automotive tested superior to both
Harley oils. Any suggestions will be welcome.

You'll find lots of "here is what I like" discussion on the poll that Glider posted a while ago here:

Engine Oil Poll - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Back